MDGARRET-L Archives

Archiver > MDGARRET > 2003-10 > 1067529402

Subject: Re: [MDGARRET] 1866 - contains Garrett County names (Voter Lists)
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 10:56:42 EST

In a message dated 10/30/2003 9:18:43 AM Eastern Standard Time,
writes:
http://ftp.rootsweb.com/pub/usgenweb/md/allegany/history/local/
I have a few questions that may seem stupid, but I have to ask anyway. Who
all would have voted? All adult males? Just ones who owned land? Only the ones
who could read? Im asking Because I am looking for Martin Knepp. I have so
little on him to go on. And I know he died between 1860-1870. From where his
family was at census time I believe he may have been in District 3, Grantsville.
He does not show up on this list. Thats why all the questions about voting.
If anyone could help Id really appreciate it!!!!

Thanks!

Nickole

This thread: