MDGARRET-L Archives

Archiver > MDGARRET > 2003-10 > 1067541296

Subject: Re: [MDGARRET] KNEPP
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 14:14:56 EST

Mary Jane,
I have little to go on on my Knepp side really. My great Grandmother was
Sadie Knepp, daughter of Theodore Knepp and Catherine Martha Matthias.
Theodores father was Martin Knepp and we believe his mothers name to be Sarah Gower.
Martin and Sarah had seven Children. I do have limited info on a few of
those children.
1.Henry Knepp b.abt 1849 (I have him with 4 children)
m. Susan Baker
2.Christiana Knepp b.abt 1851
3.Theodore b.15 april 1855 (he and Catherine had 13 children)
m. Catherine Matthias
4.Ann Knepp b. abt 1856
5.Elizabeth Knepp b. abt 1857
6. Samuel Knepp b. aug 1860
7. Ellen Knepp b. abt 1864

I can not find anything on Sarahs family. And what little I have on Martin
shows he was born in Germany. Now, Catherine Mattias had a brother who married a
Knepp. John Samuel Matthias married Emma Knepp. That Emma's father was Peter
Knepp. He was also born in Germany. So I believe there may be a connection
with Martin Knepp, and Emmas father Peter Knepp. However Peter was born in 1841.
Martin was born in 1818. And now you know most of what I know about my early
KNEPP family.

If you know ANYTHING that might give me any clues please let me know!!!!

Thanks!!!

Nickole

This thread: