MDGARRET-L Archives

Archiver > MDGARRET > 2005-09 > 1126641222

From: "Pat Thompson" <>
Subject: Re: [MDGARRET] Tasker, Hardesty, Lish, Shrout
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 15:53:42 -0400

> I'm hoping someone on the list can help me sort out this puzzle:
| > Queen Victoria (last name ???) is listed in the 1900 census as a
step-daughter of James W. Tasker. Her mother (the third wife of James
Tasker) is Eleanor Shrout. In the census, Queen was originally listed as a
Lish, but that name is crossed out and Tasker is written in its stead.
Queen's one-yr.-old daughter, Eleanor Viola, is also listed with this
family, but as a Hardesty. Obviously, the baby was born out of wedlock and
has her father's last name. Can anyone shed any light on this Eleanor
Shrout? Is Shrout the maiden name? What is the Lish connection? I am
stumped.
---------

Looking further in my records, Julia A. Tasker married Henry HARDESTY.
Julia A. Tasker was the sister of James W. Tasker.

Son of Julia A. Tasker and Henry Hardesty, Alexander Bushrod Hardesty
married Arta Olive Lish.

Hardesty is not one of my direct lines but I will keep checking; I may find
more information.

For others who may want information on the Tasker-Hardesty family, I also
found the following:

Emma O. was also a daughter of Henry and Julia A. Tasker Hardesty. Emma
married Salem A. Broadwater and she died April 5, (1979), age 95, born Feb.
6, 1884 near Deer Park, (Maryland).

This thread: