MDSTMARY-L Archives

Archiver > MDSTMARY > 2001-05 > 0989712594

Subject: Re: [MDSTMARY-L] CLARKs in MARYLAND
Date: Sat, 12 May 2001 20:09:54 EDT

Linda:

I sent my apology to the list, which you so kindly responded to below. We
have probably done as much or more Clark/Clarke research in Maryland than
anyone that we are aware of. We have more than 2,000 abstracts or actual
documents relating to the various families. We have painstakingly put
families together in what we consider to be where they belong according to
the record. In answer to queries, we often post that information for others
in the hopes of helping to correct the volumes of erroneous data that has
been published on the Clarke family.

It's a lame excuse, but I can say that I have never started any of the
attacks or verbal insults on the forum. And, the last time I quickly realized
that I should not have done so and sent the message you responded too. I
believe that everyone is entitled to looking at the records and recording
them the way they want to - regardless of whether they are right or wrong. I
also believe that they or I, have the right to correct what we, or they,
believe to be incorrect information.

And, I hope that all Clarke researchers are able, one day, to have their
trees accurately portrayed.

Charley

writes:

> I would like the list to know that I am not the list owner. If I were, I
> would
> have taken action on this a long time ago.
>
> I, for one, love this list and I spend an awful lot of my time answering
> queries
> from researchers. I don't do this because I want to feel noble, but
> because it
> is something I truly enjoy. I have spent a good portion of my adult life
> researching the people of St. Mary's County. On the other hand, I get a
> great
> deal of information in return. The indepth research of others helps me to
> correct errors I may have, etc.

This thread: