MDSTMARY-L Archives

Archiver > MDSTMARY > 2001-05 > 0989873450

From: Chuck Gibson <>
Subject: [MDSTMARY-L] Watts / Longley part2
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 15:50:50 -0500

Exhibits referred to in the bill
November 16th 1795 I, Peter Longley, received in full of the estate of the
in full __7.8.6.

Peter Longley

November 16th 1795 I, John Longley received in full my part of the estate of
Benjamin Longley paid by Samuel Longley ____7.8.6.

John Longley

November 16 1795 I, William Longley received in full my part of the estate
of Benjamin Longley paid by Samuel Longley __7.8.6.

William Longley

November 21st 1794 Received of Samuel Longley the sum of 8 pounds as current
money in the part of the estate of the deceased

Benjamin Longley

I, John Longley, acknowledge to have received from my brother Samuel Longley
the sum of forty four dollars and twenty five cents in full for my portion of
the tract of land lying in the Baltimore County called North Caroline
belonging to the estate of my Father, Benjamin Longley. Balto 16th ______
1816

Signed John Longley

Received of Samuel Longley forty two dollars and forty seven cents in full
for my part of the estate of the late Benjamin Longley.

________ ________ expired April 2nd 1808

The mark X of Caleb Longley

Received of Mr. Samuel Longley forty-two dollars and forty seven cents in
full for my part of the estate of the late Benjamin Longley.

_______ _______ April 2nd 1808

George Longley

Received of Mr. Samuel Longley forty-four dollars and seventy five cents in
full for our claim on the estate of the late Benjamin Longley.

______ ______ April 11th 1808

Elizabeth Watts

Her mark X

Received of Samuel Longley the part of my estate in full November 15th 1802

J. Longley

February 12th 1803. Received of Samuel Longley sum of fifteen pounds five
and seven pence for the estate of Benjamin Longley being in full.

William Longley

Where upon accordingly issued a subpoena against the defendants residing in
Baltimore Count to appear returnable to July 7 1817 and at the same term the
Chancellor passed the following order.
In
Chancery

July 30th 1817

Samuel Longley vs. John Longley, William Longley, James Longley, Benjamin
Longley,
Peter Longley, Charles Watts, Elizabeth his wife, Caleb Longley, George
Longley.

The object of the bill filed in this case to obtain a decree for the
conveyance of part of a tract of land called North Carolina therein
mentioned. The bill states that Benjamin Longley died seized in fee simple
of a part of a tract of land lying in Baltimore County called North Carolina
containing fifty acres more or less, that the said Benjamin departed this
life the 12th day of October 1794 intestate leaving the following children
his heirs at law to wit; James Longley, Benjamin Longley, Samuel Longley the
complainant, John Longley, Peter Longley, William Longley and Elizabeth who
intermarried with Charles Watts, Caleb Longley, and George Longley; that
after the decease of the said Benjamin Longley the complainant purchased from
the said James, Longley, Benjamin Longley, Peter Longley, William Longley,
Elizabeth Longley, afterwards married to Charles Watts, Caleb Longley and
George Longley all their right title and interest to the said fifty acres of
land and paid to them the purchase money for the land for each of their
respective shares that the complainant hath had posession of the said land
ever since he purchased it and now holds the same; that the said James
Longley, Benjamin Longley, John Longley, Peter Longley, William Longley,
Charles Watts and Elizabeth his wife, Caleb Longley and George Longley has
not conveyed the said land by a good and sufficient deed of conveyance as
they at the time of the purchase of their respective interests agreed to do
and now neglect to execute a deed to the complainant that the said James
Longley, Peter Longley, and Benjamin Longley has removed to and now reside in
the state of Virginia and that the said Charles Watts and Elizabeth his wife,
Caleb Longley and George Longley has removed to an now reside in the state of
Ohio wiithout the reach of the process of this court. It is therein now
adjudged, ordered and decreed that the complainant by causing this notice to
be inserted in the American three successive weeks before the 30th day of
July next give notice to the absent defendants to appear in this court before
the 30th day of November next to show causes why a decree should not pass as
prayed.

This thread: