MDSTMARY-L Archives

Archiver > MDSTMARY > 2001-12 > 1008006905

From: Beverly Tyler <>
Subject: [MDSTMARY-L] Robert Ford
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 09:55:05 -0800 (PST)

--0-2044653789-1008006905=:71150

In answer to Jerry Clark 's question I tried to send
the following attachment.. It has when Robert Ford
that married Mary Clark died and much other
information...
Jerry Clark' address comes back as unable to find..
Beverly Thompson Tyler

http://greetings.yahoo.com
--0-2044653789-1008006905=:71150

Robert Ford and Lydia Immigrants from England

On Sept 22, 1649 Robert Ford I made a deal in England to registar for
transport to America
He would begiven land called the "Strand" Sometime thereafter they removed
to America and
acquired other lands.Dowdnhan,l Long In Dispence and the Maypole.
The Strand 100 Acres surveyed May 22,1667 For Robert Ford,Patent issued
June 1668.
Downen A 100 Acre tract of Land surveyed for Edward Clarke on 29 April
1667
was later in possession of Robert Ford.
Long in Dispence 75 Acres surveyed 9 June 1670
The MayPole 96 Acres surveyed 16 December 1674 for Robert Ford.
Robert Ford's children have been established from probate records.
In his will as mentioned in the will of his son, Robert II ,Robert Ford
bequeathed two
tracts of land 'THE STRAND' and 'The MAYPOLE plus a one acre part of
'DOWNHAN
to Robert II for his lifetime and then to go to sons of Robert II--John,
Robert III, and Peter Ford
The other tracts of land of above were obvioulsly bequeathed to another
son, perhaps John Ford.
since these tracts were passed down to Ford descendants.There were also
daus. as shown below.
While Robert Ford's will has disappeared we know from his son's will about
his property.
Son Robert Ford II born abt. 1664 smcmd. married to Mary . Clarke..also
said to be married to
Mary Heard,widow of James Tant, bet. June 5,1718 and may 11, 1719 he
married Margaret..
..will dated December 27 1735 w.p Sept.15,1740 SMCMD
children
1.Honora Ford m. abt 1683 /85 to Edward Cole (son of Robert & Rebecca Cole)

died aft 1690 when youngest child was born.
2.Robert Ford III married Teresa Van Sweringen Parke, widow Of John
Parke.wp.Jan31,1754
per will he had dau. Monica Ford who married John Fenwick. also have her
married to Thomas
Shircliffe prior to 1735 married to Henry Bryan died agter July 17,1761
when her husband made
his will.other children Teresa Ford b. about 1705
3. Margaret Ford m. 1st Michael Rockford sr m..2nd Wm Maria (sic) Cole .

........3rd married Richard Vowles dec'd by Aug.9.1686
4. John Ford b.abt 1674 m. Elizabeth Mattingly
5.Mary Ford b. abt 1678 d.Jan 22,1764 1st Jonathan Seale married 2nd
John Drury
6. Peter Ford....married 1 st_____unknown 2nd pos Mary ____.widow of
Joshua Millard

according to will of Peter Ford he had children: Richard Ford, Bennett Ford
who was
deceased by 10 Feb.1763 (but had two sons Peter and John Jarrat Ford,)
Peter Ford,
John Ford, and Persilla Ford.

I attempted to copy this in correct order may not
have been exact. But can be used as a guide .
The original I have copied from Elizabeth F.
Randolph's work as is in MDSTMART archives..
If anyone would like copies sent by email of the works she did and put in
MDSTMART archives
Please let me know..

--0-2044653789-1008006905=:71150--

This thread: