MDSTMARY-L Archives

Archiver > MDSTMARY > 2002-04 > 1020007592

From: Linda Reno <>
Subject: Re: [MDSTMARY-L] Thompson and related families
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2002 11:26:32 -0400

Hi,

Actually, I believe there was a connection to the Peake family. Jane Edloe married
John Noble, Jr. (son of John Noble, Sr. who d. by12/26/1698 and his wife, Margaret
Peake, daughter of Walter Peake). Margaret Peake had been married first to Mordecai
Hammond.

Will of Mordecay Hamon, SMC 1/12/1671-1/24/1671. Wife: Margaret, "St. Margaret's",
300 ac. Brother: Daniel Hamond; father-in-law, Pope Alvey, and Ann, wife of sd.
Pope; William Stiles; Martha Tossey, sister of sd. Stiles; Edward Rookwood; and
Elizabeth Peake, personal estate. Exec: not named. Wit: Francis Fitzherbert,
George Cox.

5/7/1666: "St. Margaret's", 300 ac., Newtown Hundred, surveyed 5/7/1666 for Walter
Pake. This land was escheated and granted to Margaret Noble, daughter of the sd.
Pake. Possessor: James Gough. (SMC Rent Rolls, 1639-1771).

Jane Edloe had been married first to Thomas Pierce. Jane Edloe was deceased prior
to the death of John Noble, Jr. His second wife was Ann____who m. second, Patrick
Fisher. (See note below, Ann may have been his daughter and not a second wife).

Admin. accts. of Thomas Pierce, 12/7/1708 by Jane Noble, wife of John Noble
(Skinner).

6/13/1720: Admin. accts. of John Noble, SMC. Admx: Ann Fisher, wife of Patrick
Fisher.

There are earlier admin. accts. for John Noble dated 4/30/1717 which list his NOK as
Ann Noble, so it could be that it was Ann Noble, his daughter, who married Patrick
Fisher. Haven't worked on that one yet.

Henry Ryder married Jane Scott, widow of Thomas Wright.

Fresco: Thomas Wright m. by 1665, Jane Scott. Ref. Warrant 9:250,270.

Will of Thomas Wright, St. Jerome's, SMC 8/2/1673-9/3/1673. To: Joseph Edloe; John
and Thomas, sons of Joseph Hackney; and William Lucas, Jr. personal estate. Wife:
residuary legatee. Exec. not named. Wit: Joseph Hackney, William Newport.

Admin. accts. of Thomas Wright, SMC 11/20/1674; legatees were John Edloe, William
Lucas and John and Thomas Hawkney (sons of Joseph Hawkney); Exec., Jane Ryder
(relict, signed Jane Wright). Skinner.

Fresco: ___ Ryder m. by 1674, Jane Wright, widow of Thomas Wright of SMC, Ref. Inv.
and Acct., 1:54; Test Pro 6:321.

Linda Reno

This thread: