MDSTMARY-L Archives

Archiver > MDSTMARY > 2002-07 > 1027108912

From: "Mike C" <>
Subject: Re: [MDSTMARY-L] Edwards Family in St. Mary's or Charlotte Hall
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 15:07:05 -0500

Listers
Just to clarify the two Elkanah Edwards.....

Elkanes name(the light house keeper) is listed as Elkanah in his fathers
distribution and he was the son of Richard D Edwards.
He died June 6,1874 and his estate:
SMC Elkanah Edwards accounting was done by RM Edwards administrator 12 Feb
1875. Acct of Sales JTMR 3 1872-1882

The Elkanah Edwards who died after 1847(will made 25 MAY 1847 and proved 29
FEB 1856) shown below is believed to be the brother of Richard D Edwards.
Mary (Wood) Cartwright was the dau of William A (not "F")....... or
Alexander W Cartwright as he was
referred to in all legal documents. Mary Wood Cartwright married John
Alexander Burch in 1855.

By the way, I would love to talk with some descendants of that
Cartwright/Burch union. They had seven children.

William Alexander Cartwright had married Elizabeth Chappelear whose guardian
before her marriage was the Elkanah Edwards who died before Mar 1856.
Elkanah had married Elizabeth's sister Mary Chappelear and that is why he
willed "one bed, bedstead and furniture known as the bed of my late wife."
to Mary Wood Cartwright, his late wife's niece.

Mike Cartwright