MDSTMARY-L Archives

Archiver > MDSTMARY > 2002-11 > 1038222130

From: Burger <>
Subject: Re: [MDSTMARY-L] Hopewell will 1777
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 06:02:10 -0500

Linda, Thanks for the confirmation and the additional data. These Hopewells
are finally beginning to make sense to me. Below is the will of Ann, the
widow of Hugh Hopewell, d 1687/88, who m/2 John Duckworth as stated. She
names an additional son, Joseph, and makes some more connections. Judith
Burger

MARYLAND CALENDAR OF WILLS: Volume 6

Duckworth, Ann, widow,St. Mary's Co.9th May, 1731; 27th Nov., 1732.
To son Richard Hopewell, money due from estate of George Muschamp, dec'd.
To son Joseph Hopewell, ex., certain personalty during life, to pass at his
death to grandchild. Hugh, John, Ann and Elizabeth Hopewell; ½ stock on
plantation to pass to grandson William Hopewell, to whom sd. son is
desired to leave his plantation.
To grandsons Hugh, John, Richard (at age of 21) and Thomas Francis
Hopewell, dau. Ann Aisquith, granddaus. Ann and Elizabeth Hopewell,
personalty.
To dau. Susannah King, 1s.
To grandchild. Richard, William, Joseph, Hugh, John, Thomas Francis, Ann
and Elizabeth, produce from sale of ½ stock, etc.
Test: John Seager, William Hopewell, Elizabeth Herbert (Harbert). 20, 493.
==========================
Below the will of John King who I believe married Susanna Hopewell, dau of
Hugh Hopewell, d 1687/88

MARYLAND CALENDAR OF WILLS: Volume 4

King, John,18th Feb., 1718; 23rd May, 1719.
To bro.-in-law Hugh Hopewell, personalty.
To child. Hugh and Jane, residue of estate, equally, at age of 21 or
marriage.
Hugh Hopewell ex. and guardian to child. afsd.; at his decease, Charles and
Edward King to act.
Test: Robt. Clarke, Sr., Jno. Winsett, Peter Jarboo (Jarboe). 15. 133.
==