MDSTMARY-L Archives

Archiver > MDSTMARY > 2003-08 > 1060379440

Subject: Re: [MDSTMARY-L] Traveling by Waggon train
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 17:50:40 EDT

writes:

> have been reading a few journals , memoirs, and diaries to see if I can
> determine how long it would take a family to travel 800 miles.

My Cummins line is full of catastrophe stories in their trekking from PA to
NC to TN to MO and AR.

Drowning in river crossings, wagons getting loose going down hills, slaves
killing people, babies in birth, strange sickness, fire arms accidents and on.
IT WERE NOT EASY!

Those kind of problems cut down the speed of advance and should be factored
into the time.

R/ DEC405 Cummins/Sarasota

This thread: