MDSTMARY-L Archives

Archiver > MDSTMARY > 2004-12 > 1104360480

From: "Linda Reno" <>
Subject: Re: [MDSTMARY-L] Cezar's Line
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 17:48:00 -0500

Good evening,

I'm still looking, but this is what I think. It was Edward Mattingly, not
Zachariah Mattingly, who married Ann Knott, January 6, 1812 in St. Mary's
County.

Edward and Ann were living in Washington, D.C. at the time of the 1830,
1840, and 1850 censuses.

Their daughter, Sidney Ann Mattingly married Thomas Harrison, February 11,
1835 in Washington, D.C.

1850, 5th Ward, Washington, D.C.: Edward Mattingly, 65, b. MD; Ann
Mattingly, 60, b. MD; Lucinda Mattingly, 25, b. D.C.

By 1860, Ann (Knott) Mattingly has died; Thomas Harrison has died and here's
what the family now looks like:

1860, 4th Ward, Washington, D.C.: Edward Mattingly, 79, b. MD; Sidney
Harrison (female), 45, b. D.C.; Lucy E. Mattingly, 30, b. D.C.

So....we've found Edward and his daughters at least and I'll continue to
look for the sons.

This Edward Mattingly was the son of William Mattingly and Mary Reeves
Cooke. Jane Reeves Cooke, a sister of Mary's, died by 1835 and Mary's
children were named in her estate--including Edward.

Linda Reno