MDSTMARY-L Archives

Archiver > MDSTMARY > 2005-03 > 1111854300

From: "Linda Reno" <>
Subject: Re: [MDSTMARY-L] RE: Thomas Forrest
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 11:25:00 -0500

Good morning,

I'm not sure that Margaret Fresco got the marriage of Thomas Forrest right.
There were two Thomas Forrest marriages in Washington Co., KY about the same
time.

Thomas Forrest-Mary Howard, 4/14/1804

Thomas Forrest-Julia Parsons, 10/28/1804

I'd be more inclined to believe, but have no proof, that Thomas Forrest, son
of Zepheniah Forrest and Ann Mary Fenwick, is the one who married Julia
Parsons, undoubtedly a relative of Clement Parsons (who married Elizabeth
Forrest, dau. of Zepheniah Forrest).

The elder Thomas Forrest (who moved later to MO) probably married a Mary
Howard. This Thomas Forrest had been married first to Mary Catherine
Spalding (widow of Peter Spalding) on June 1, 1776 in St. Mary's Co.

Why would Mary Corby then revert to Mary Howard?

Linda Reno