MDSTMARY-L Archives

Archiver > MDSTMARY > 2005-03 > 1111904395

From: Kathleen Mills Woodring <>
Subject: RE: [MDSTMARY-L] RE: Howards
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 22:19:55 -0800 (PST)

The following Howards are in
Abstracts of Deeds Nelson Co. 1785-1808
The early the page number, the earlier the deed.

Howard, James, p138,224,233
Howard, John p177
Howard, Jospeh 29, 44, 108, 119
Howard, Mary 119
Howard, Nancy 119
Howard, Rebekah 29
Howard, Samuel 44, 90, 108, 119, 141, 158
Howard, Sarah 29
Howard, Thomas 52, 262

There are over 50 mentions of Howards in the Will Abstracts 1785-1820.

"Jerry L. Clark" <> wrote:
Well I guess if she used her maiden name to marry, but if they usually used
the Married name then perhaps it would not work.

Kathleen Mills Woodring just found in Nelson County, Ky who probably married
Mary Howard daughter of John Baptist Howard. I had asked numerous times
before but nobody could find any Corby's, They Found a Jesse Carby but he
had married someone else.

I have noticed something going on in Perry County, Missouri, it seems like
there were Howard's already in that county, before James Howard and Mary
Jackson's children went there. I think some of those Howard's may have come
from Maryland and are related to the ones we are studing.

There is also evidence That many Howard's we have not yet Identified living
in Nelson and Washington County, KY are from our Maryland Howard's also.

When Charles Howard who married Frances Thompson appears in Washington
County, KY on the Land record mentioning a Richard and James Howard, It
appears that John Baptist Howard and James Howard have other brothers in the
area who have children also in same area. To many Howard's that are related
not yet identified that are not Ann Arundel County, Maryland Howard's or
Pennsylvania Howard's