MDSTMARY-L Archives

Archiver > MDSTMARY > 2006-07 > 1153807558

From: "Karen Fowler Caldwell" <>
Subject: Re: [MDSTMARY-L] Check out RootsWeb: MDSTMARY-L Benedict Rhodes and Eleanor Medley
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 02:05:58 -0400

Marion Co., Kentucky Deed Book _, pages 306-309
Deed of Partition
William Rhodes Heirs
This Indenture made this first day of February, 1883, Witness that whereas
William Rhodes and wife died several years ago in the County of Marion and
State of Kentucky said and possessed of a tract of land of two hundred and
fifty five acres situated on Hardin's Creek in Marion Co., Ky, the same that
was inherited by them of Benedict Rhodes in the year 1859. Whereas the said
William Rhodes and wife at their death left the following named children,
his heirs at law (to wit) B. C. Rhodes, F. L. Rhodes, Ellen A. Rhodes, Mary
C. Rhodes, wife of Dr. N. Leake, Harriett E. Rhodes, wife of Austin Howard,
William T. Rhodes and Emily V. Rhodes which are all the children left by the
deceased at their death.

The first 2 children are Benedict Constantine and Francis Lucian Rhodes.
The rest are listed in the baptismal records below:

RHODES, WILLIAM & ELIZABETH HARRIETT CISSELL *
Baptized Eleanore Rhodes, 10-18-1832, by Rev. John Wathen at St. Charles
Catholic Church. Birth date not given. Sponsors, Cyprian Rhodes & Ellen
Rhodes. Parents, William & Henrietta Rhodes.
Baptized Mary Camilla Rhodes, 3-08-1835, by Rev. Louis Nicholas Petit at
St. Charles Catholic Church. Birth date, 1-16-1835. Sponsor, Helenda Rhodes.
Parents, William & Harriet Rhodes.
Baptized Elizabeth Harriett Benedicta Rhodes ? Ceremonies supplied
7-15-1838. Birth date not given. Sponsor, Elizabeth Rhodes. Parents, Wm. &
Harriett Rhodes.
Baptized William Thomas Rhodes, 3-04-1840, by Rev. Louis Nicholas Petit at
St. Charles Catholic Church. Birth date, 12-21-1839. Sponsor, Zachariah
Mattingly. Parents, Wm. & Elizabeth Harriett Rhodes.
Baptized Emily Victoria Rhodes, 12-11-1842, by Rev. Louis Nicholas Petit
at St. Charles Catholic Church. Birth date, 5-03-1842. Sponsors, Wilfred
Medley & Ann Medley. Parents, Wm. & Harriett Rhodes.