MDSTMARY-L Archives

Archiver > MDSTMARY > 2008-01 > 1199727816

From: Joel Blass <>
Subject: Re: [MDSTMARY] Howards in St. Mary's,Charles and elsewhere in colonial Maryland
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 09:43:36 -0800 (PST)

Thank you Jerry for your help. I have been trying to find out more about John's early Maryland ancestors. I have been stuck on his lineage. What Howard line does he come from?
Cathy

"Jerry L. Clark" <> wrote:
Cathy,

What information do you want concerning John Baptist HOWARD? We don't know
his parents, but we do know he married Elizabeth JOHNSON daughter of David
JOHNSON from St. Mary's County, Maryland.

Will Abstracts 1785-1820; Nelson County, Kentucky Hist Soc, p 26:

will book page 707:
Will of John Baptist Howard, mentions wife Elizabeth
sons: Henry, George, Charles, William, Joseph
daus: Mary Corby, Sarah Sissel, Eleanor Bray
granddau: Elizabeth Howard
Exec; son-in-law Matthew Sissel
Wit: Walter Burch, John B. Hill & Thomas Hill
written 9 Dec 1802; probated 12 Sep 1803

John Baptist HOWARD, written Dec. 9, 1802 and probated Sep. 12, 1803
Inventory of the Negroes and personal estate of John Baptist HOWARD
Oct. 19, 1803.

Will of David Johnson, SMC, 2/6/1795-4/28/1795. Wife: (unnamed), all of my
estate during her life. Children: Ann Johnson, Susanna Johnson, Dorothy
Johnson, Henry Johnson, William Johnson, Thomas Johnson and Clement
Johnson, my estate after the death of my wife. Children: Leonard Johnson,
Charles Johnson, John Johnson, James Johnson, Mary Brown and Elizabeth
Howard, are never to possess any part of my estate. Exec: Wife (unnamed).
Wit: Joseph and John Parsons, Stephen Jones.