MDSTMARY-L ArchivesArchiver > MDSTMARY > 2008-01 > 1201292437
From: "Jerry L. Clark" <>
Subject: Re: [MDSTMARY] Joseph A. Shercliffe
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 12:20:37 -0800
Elizabeth SHERCLIFFE who married Able HAGAN, When did she die? Was it before
Because when he's numbering the heirs, and I added name of wife, he forgets
# 6 in the numbering process. If # 6 is Elizabeth Shercliffe who married
Able HAGAN then she must have died before 1856. or else this Elizabeth
Shercliffe was not a daughter of Joseph Anthanatius SHERCLIFFE Sr.
Then who would number 6 be?
the Court Records at Bardstown, KY. The settlement of Joseph Shircliff's
estate on 10 July 1856 in Book 9, page 32 -33 list a widow and 11 Children
(spouse or Child). The widow is A. Shircliff but the receipt was signed by
Anastatia Shircliff. The first 10 heirs were
(1) B. Pike & wife (Mary L. SHERCLIFFE)
(2) James H Drury & wife Eliza Ann SHERCLIFFE
(3) Martin. H. Luckett & wife Catherine Julia SHERCLIFFE
(4) Wm. Buckman & wife Melinda Shercliffe
(5) Jos A Shircliff & wife Catherine PAYNE
(7) Robert Buckman & wife Teresa SHERCLIFFE
(8) Christopher McNamana & wife Matilda Mary SHERCLIFFE
(9) Raymond Shircliff & 2nd wife Susan NALLY
(10) Julia now Osborne (Receipt was signed by H. P.
Osbourne. These account for all Elizabeth' children. The
11th heir was a minor Thos Shiercliff
and the receipt was signed by Thomas Shircliff, Guardian (Joseph's brother)
This would be Anastatia's child who would be 10 years of age. The evidence
list Anastatia as his widow with 1/3 of the estate and her child as an heir
with the other children of Elizabeth.
Also Julia Shercliffe by 1856 had married apparently a H. P.
Osbourne. Have we located that marriage?
|Re: [MDSTMARY] Joseph A. Shercliffe by "Jerry L. Clark" <>|