MDSTMARY-L Archives

Archiver > MDSTMARY > 2008-02 > 1202916959

Subject: Re: [MDSTMARY] Ignatius Winsatt
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 10:35:59 EST

Jerry --
I'm sorry I cannot add any factual data here that would help; however, Mary
Yoder has posed this question for years and in lieu of anything but a guess,
I'd like to suggest where it fits. Here's Mary's question:

Ignatius Medcalf bca 1740-1750, to Nelson 1788 2nd Catholic migragion. 1788
tithables with Ethelbert Mills, Mary Ann with 3 tithes being paid. Ethelbert
Mills married Annie Wells 1787 Nelson Co, Ky; she d/o Samuel Wells from
Hampshire Co, VA; ETHELBERT, S/O NICHOLAS MILLS from SMC, MD. Have 3 children
for Ethelbert & Annie but could have had more. Son Joseph b ca 1788, m Nancy
Ann Figg 1811 Nelson Co. Joseph and Nancy's children records at St
Catherine's, New Haven. Medcalfe being Catholic.

It's my belief that Ignatius Medcalf married Mary Ann Mills ---- sister to
Ethelbert, both children of Nicholas Mills. Martin Mills, s/o Ignatius Mills
and Mary Manning, married Susannah Wimsatt. --- Martin Mills would have been
a nephew to Ethelbert Mills

Martin Mills married Susannah Wimsatt on January 12, 1828 in Washington
County, KY, daughter of JOSEPH WIMSATT. Member of HNOM Church from at least 1828
to 1833.

_Joseph Wimsatt_ (http://64.233.169.104/pafg05.htm#1544C) (_Dorothy Abell_
(http://64.233.169.104/pafg05.htm#1530) , _Samuel_
(http://64.233.169.104/pafg04.htm#1531) , _Samuel_ (http://64.233.169.104/pafg03.htm#1533) , _Samuel_
(http://64.233.169.104/pafg02.htm#1537) , _Richard_
(http://64.233.169.104/pafg01.htm#4919) ) was born in Dec 1780. Joseph married (1) Mary Howard on 28
Jul 1795 in St. Mary's County, Maryland. Joseph also married (2) Sarah Stone
on 3 Jan 1800 in St. Mary's County, Maryland. Sarah was born in 1777. She
died on 18 Nov 1848 in Marion County, Kentucky.

Joseph Wimsatt's mother, Dorothy married (1) Robert Wimsatt, son of Richard
Wimsatt and Teresa Ford, circa 1742. Robert was born in 1732 in , St. Mary's,
Maryland. He died by 2/1794. Dorothy Abell to be the daughter of Samuel
Abell, proved by the will of Samuel Abell proved July 1 5 1777, SMCM where he
names Bennet Wimsatt his grandson. " I give and bequeath to my Grandson Bennet
Wimsatt to be paid him by my executors at the time he arrives to the age of
Eighteen years (and not before) one likely Negro girl not less than Thirteen
years of age.
Judith Burger

Dorothy also married (2) Captain John Barton Abell, son of Samuel Abell and
Susanna Spalding, on 16 Aug 1813. John was born in 1755. He died on 1 Feb
1820.
Ernie
In a message dated 2/13/2008 8:16:49 AM Central Standard Time,