MDSTMARY-L Archives

Archiver > MDSTMARY > 2008-02 > 1202918586

From: "Jerry L. Clark" <>
Subject: Re: [MDSTMARY] Ignatius Winsatt
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 08:03:06 -0800

I'm not clear on the point we are making here.

But the Joseph Wimsatt who married Mary Howard - I have him as the son of
John Baptist Wimsatt and Elizabeth ?

I have the Joseph Wimsatt who married Sarah STONE under Robert Wimsatt and
Dorothy Abell

So do I have a mistake? Your saying same Joseph Wimsatt married both Mary
Howard and Sarah STONE?

Not sure I have it correctly.

I then have these notes

have that Joseph Wimsatt married Mary Howard 7/28/1795. She was the dau. of
George Howard and Anastasia Spink.

James Wimsatt, b. before 1758 married Sarah Howard 3/23/1778. She was b.
1761 and was also a daughter of George Howard and Anastasia Spink.

But then in my data Base I have Sarah HOWARD who married James WIMSATT as
the daughter of Clement Howard and Eleanor BAILEY

The problem is some of this Data is coming from Mary DONNELLY so not sure
it's correct, and I'm not sure which part is from Mary Donnelly.

>From "St. Mary's County, Maryland Colonial Period Tenants and Owners of
"Beaverdam Mannor" and Surrounding Mannors" by Mary Louise Donnelly.

Generation Six

GEORGE HOWARD (35) was born 8/1/1739 in St. Mary's County, Maryland, the son
of IGNATIUS HOWARD (18) and ELIZABETH BOOTH. He married ANASTASIA SPINK.
With
JOHN WIMSATT, GEORGE HOWARD was named next of kin in the inventory of JOHN
MEDCALF (114:29). Their Children were baptized at St. Andrew's. GEORGE
HOWARD
took the Oath of Allegiance in 1778 before RICHARD BARNES.

GEORGE HOWARD was deceased by 12/8/1803 when his son FRANCIS HOWARD
administered his estate. His six children were named in the balance of final
distribution of his estate on 12/8/1803 (BFD JJ&JF:246).

35) Children of GEORGE HOWARD and ANASTASIA SPINK:
66) SARAH HOWARD b 1/19/1761 m 3/23/1778 JAMES WIMSATT
67) IGNATIUS HOWARD b 2/1/1765
68) FRANCIS HOWARD b 3/6/1767
69) ELIZABETH HOWARD b 6/14/1772 m _____ BOWLES
70) WILLIAM HOWARD d by 2/9/1775 when WILLIAM DUNLAP adm his estate
(Test Pro 46:217)
71) ANN HOWARD m ________GREENWELL

Note ---- A word of caution. The following family arrangement by Sister
Donnelly has been contested by Linda Reno..

GABRIEL HOWARD (37) was born in St. Mary's County, Maryland, the son of
CLEMENT HOWARD (19) and ELEANOR _____. He married SUSANNA SPALDING, the
daughter
of JOHN BAPTIST SPALDING and MARY ANN _____ JACKSON. GABRIEL HOWARD was
deceased by 7/18/1801 when the final distribution was administered by his
widow on
7/18/1801, which names his seven children (BFD JJ&JF:197)

37) Children of GABRIEL HOWARD and SUSANNA SPALDING
72) JAMES HOWARD
73) JOHN BAPTIST HOWARD ---- Linda Reno says this is in error
74) HENRY HOWARD
75) TERESIA HOWARD
76) SUSANNA HOWARD
77) HENRIETTA HOWARD
78) GABRIEL HOWARD

JOSEPH HOWARD (51) was born in St. Mary's County, Maryland, the son of
THOMAS
HOWARD (22) and ELINOR BAILEY. He married MARY ______.

51) Children of JOSEPH HOWARD and MARY ______.
79) ANASTASIA HOWARD bap 3/4/1770 spon MONICA HOWARD (Jesuit Records)

I'm trying to rid myself of all data that I had originally entered from Mary
Donnelly's books. So I welcome corrections.