MDSTMARY-L Archives

Archiver > MDSTMARY > 2008-02 > 1202959473

From: "Betty H. Garbers" <>
Subject: Re: [MDSTMARY] Raley's Md to Ky to North Missouri
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 22:24:33 -0500
References: <d2f.15842abe.34de6f3c@aol.com><001801c86acf$9ff383d0$6401a8c0@FAMILY6NCEH97S><00e901c86ae3$d6e6a7a0$6401a8c0@D983XB51><002601c86b55$cddb4270$6401a8c0@FAMILY6NCEH97S><060401c86b57$7f944790$6401a8c0@D983XB51><cba2c3f60802100956x2f26bde5v46711f9a88c8664f@mail.gmail.com><045d01c86e4f$c013e460$6401a8c0@D983XB51><000601c86e53$792b4940$6601a8c0@betty399a0c77d><002101c86ead$23127970$4edc5540@Dell3000>

Dear Leslie,

I do not know what county my Rileys are from. I found John Riley in NC - no
co. The Gaskins that connected with my Rileys in IL were from Orange Co,
NC. I do not believe that my Rileys were catholic. They were more like
quakers. This I am not positive bur no one went to the catholic church. The
names that I have seen were William, John, James & Noah was listed recently
in Harrisburg, IL.
David isd another name. My brothrer had visited a David Raley in
Tippecanoe, IN, during WWII. He had never mentioned this to me until he was
almost on his death bed so I could not question him like I would like to
have. I wrote to Tippecanoe but came up with a blank. One of John's sons
James wasx married in Tippecanoe, IN, but snothrer blank. I only have info
from NC thru OH, IN to Clay Co, IL. In 1850 John SR and his two sons &
Vesta Ann Riley married a Davis Foster. These all went on to Linn Co, KS
I just don't have much to go one as far as dates or names before NC. MD is
just a guess because of wife Catherine being from MD.

Thank you for replying.