MDSTMARY-L Archives

Archiver > MDSTMARY > 2009-09 > 1252939283

From: "Jerry L. Clark" <>
Subject: [MDSTMARY] Robert Rhodes
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 07:41:23 -0700

1850 Daviess Co Ky HH 266
Robert Rhodes 50 Laborer Ky
Sarah 24 Ky
Cornelius 12 Ky
John R 11 Ky
Merrett M 2/12 m Ky

Washington Co Ky Marriages 1792-1878, Kington

19 Sep 1818 Robert Rhodes & Elizabeth Cissell, Charolina Cissell Bk 1-168

Daviess County, Ky Marriages

Rodes, Robert Church, Rachael 21 May 1835

Not sure this is all of their children, but it's a start.

I have figured out most of Robert Rhodes and Elizabeth Cissell's children:

They are:

1. Sarah Jane Rhodes born abt 1825 married William Albin Mattingly son of
John Amos Mattingly and Mary Daily. If anyone knows date and Place of
marriage of William Albin Mattingly to Sarah Jane Rhodes, please share it.

2. Caroline Matilda Rhodes born abt july 1828

RHODES, ROBERT & ELIZABETH CISSELL

Baptized Caroline Matilda Rhodes, 7-14-1828, at Holy Name of Mary Catholic
Church. Birth date not given. Sponsor, Sarah Cissell. Parents, Robert Rhodes
& Elizabeth Cissell.

Baptized Charles Columbus Rhodes, 4-11-1830, by Rev. William Byrne at St.
Charles Catholic Church. Birth date, 3-12-1830. Sponsor, Sarah Ann Riggs.
Parents, Robert & Elizabeth Rhodes.

3. Charles Columbus Rhodes born 12 Mar 1830

Baptized Charles Columbus Rhodes, 4-11-1830, by Rev. William Byrne at St.
Charles Catholic Church. Birth date, 3-12-1830. Sponsor, Sarah Ann Riggs.
Parents, Robert & Elizabeth Rhodes.

4. Gregory George Rhodes born 18 Jan 1825 Nelson County, KY died 1 Apr 1906
Daviess County, KY married Margaret Minerva Church on 8 May 1841 Daviess
County, KY daughter of Fendall Church and Rachel Ann Wedding.

5 Elizabeth Matilda Rhodes born abt 1832

Elizabeth Cissell (Rhodes) died sometime between 1832 and 1835.

Robert Rhodes then remarried Rachel Ann Wedding(Widow of Fendall Church.
They were married on 21 May 1835 Daviess County, KY

Robert Rhodes and Rachel Ann Wedding (Church) then had:

6. Columbus Arsenius Rhodes born 24 Feb 1836 Daviess County, KY married
Sarah Ann Evans on 24 Feb 1858 Daviess County, Ky

7. John Robert Rhodes born 17 sep 1837 Daviess County, KY married Mary
Delilah Evans on 3 Dec 1863 Daviess County, KY

8. Harriett Teresa Rhodes born 20 Feb 1839 Daviess County, Ky married
Benedict Joseph Smith on 29 Jun 1858, Marion County, KY

Rachel Ann wedding (Church) Rhodes died 21 Nov 1842 Daviess County, KY.

Robert Rhodes died 1862 and there are some web sites who claim he died in
Indiana. Have not proved that yet, but that maybe where we find him in 1860
Census.

For what it's worth, Robert Rhodes 3/m Sarah Jane Austin, in Daviess County,
Kentucky 20 Oct 1848.

The consent for Robert's marriage to Elizabeth reads as follows:

September 19th 1818
Sir

you are hereby reqested to grant Licence to Robert Rhodes, Son of
Cornelius Rhodes, to marry my Daughter Elizabeth Cecil given under my hand
and seal
Matthew Cissell (seal)
To the Clk. of Washington County
Teste Joseph Rogers (seal)