MDWASHIN-L Archives

Archiver > MDWASHIN > 2003-02 > 1046237180

From: Lauren Brantner <>
Subject: Re: [MDWASHIN] Mary BRANTNER
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 22:26:26 -0700

Larry,
Do you have two wives, both named Mary? Two different husbands? German naming
traditions can be frustrating - you can find two brothers naming their children the
same names and that makes the sorting extra difficult. The repetition among the
Brantner names continues down into my husband's generation. He is descended from
George and Elinor Brantner of Washington County and George has a daughter Mary who
married Christian Poffenberger. There is also a Mary Brantner who married William
Fish in Washington County. If I recall correctly we have a Mary Brantner marriage
in 1779 to a Joseph Bryant. Then there are the Mary Brantners in WV and PA, some by
birth, some by marriage. Biblical names .... If you build the Kauffman line, I
would be interested in seeing if it fits into the Brantner families I am working on.

Lauren Brantner