MDWASHIN-L Archives

Archiver > MDWASHIN > 2008-03 > 1205783837

From: Lauren Brantner <>
Subject: Re: [MDWashin] Lape,Conrad families John Lape my mystery ancestor
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 12:57:17 -0700 (PDT)

Melodie
There are no LAPE entries in the Marriage License Index (1799-1860) also no entries in the Will and Estate Index (both by Morrow & Morrow.) These are both Wash,. Co. in Myer's index of marriage licenses for Frederick Co. there is a Jacob LAPE/Polly BRIM Sept. 13, 1800 entry,

There are two John Lape's in the 1790 census for Wash. Co. Maryland as well as a Henry.
If you have Ancestry there are a lot of family genealogies with him in it - some go back a generation from the first John.

Russell's Guide to Washington County Research indicates records for the Funkstown Reformed Church are held by the Washington County Historical Society - you can Google them if you haven't already contacted them.

Washington County did not come into existence until 1776 - before that it was Frederick Co. You might check the 1800 census to see where they are.

Lauren Brantner