MDWASHIN-L Archives

Archiver > MDWASHIN > 2008-03 > 1205872619

From: Lars Beard <>
Subject: [MDWashin] Beard family
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 15:36:59 -0500

Thank you for trying to help me. I did note my Beard line from Was. Co., Md. was decended from --to be more specific- was Nicholas Beard -no known middle name--b.-Aug.28-1808 in Was. Co. death date not known or where--married Elizabeth Repp b. Jan.2.1806-- no known middle name- d.April 25-1873 Wa. Co.--I do not believe either has a head stone-and do not know where. This was a very poor family not owning much-land records show they sold a lot in Leightersburg nov.5 1851--This family is in the 1880 and 1870 census of Was. co.-noted is they both were born in Md. Roger Cramer has a good file on the family . I decend from their son Oliver John Beard who moved the whole family to Ogle Co-1890- to join relatives (sons) there. Iam no green horn to Gen. as I have been doing research for 45 years since asking my father ,who his family was before he died in 1963-he didnt know much- Ive spent alot of money and time , did trips to Cavetown-Smithsburg-Haggerstown-hours in the Washington Library-stood in the church where Oliver was married and where Grand father John William was married -the Lutheran and Rreformed Churchs --walked the Beards Cementary touched Major John Beards marker--by the way that cementary was in a discusting condition 20 years ago- I remember weeds and small trees and many ground hog holes to the buried peaple-- yes I have purchased books about Was. Co.--census, marriages,etc - got Sharfs and Williams history- got Olivers war records -done research in several Chicago libraries-U of Wis. Historical Library--U of ILL library--put querys in the Haggerstown News paper -Genelogical Helper offering rewards-- many phone calls--many relative visits --and a lot more. What I meant about getting information not found in the library ,was I was hopeing to get in touch with a decendent of Nick the immigrator who had more personal family information------ Larry Beard
http://biggestloser.msn.com/

This thread: