MENNO-ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > MENNO-ROOTS > 2005-12 > 1134955523

From: "Louise Ross" <>
Subject: RE: [MENNO] Hello? MATHIES, DUECK, DICK, ENNS
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 20:25:23 -0500

Hello Bob:

Also on the subscriber list is Louise in Ontario.

As I understand it, Mennonite immigrants were registered with the
Canadian Mennonite Board of Colonization because they had a transportation
CPR debt and are indexed on the following site. If you can identify your
family's colonization record, email them and they will scan the front and
back of that record and place them on the site. That way you may be able to
find out who the little England-quaranteed girl was.
http://www.mennonites.ca/mhsa/projects/cmboc/

My mother was Margaret Dick and father Abram J. Mathies. They arrived in
Quebec, Canada with two little girls and a (Dick) brother in July, 1924.

My father's stepmother Susanna (nee Wiens) Mathies married Mr. D. P. Enns
and I think they lived in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan until he died. She then
moved to be nearer her relatives in Essex County, Ontario.

Happy hunting, L. Ross