MERRY-L Archives

Archiver > MERRY > 2005-11 > 1131468347

From: David Sylvester <>
Subject: Retracing my steps: Merry - Raven connection
Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2005 11:45:47 -0500

Retracing my steps: Merry - Raven connection -
http://www.feliixplace.com/genealogy/merry.html

Herbert Leslie Merry born 28 February 1871 in Starks, Somerset,
Maine son of Asa Merry (Jonathan 6, Asa 5, David 4, Samuel 3,
Samuel 2, Joseph 1) and Mary Viletta Wood (Silas 7, Nathan 6, John
5, John 4, John 3, Michael 2, William 1). He died 29 May 1935 in
Thorndike, Waldo, Maine and is buried in Thorndike.

Selena Irene Raven born 29 February 1856 in New Brunswick, Canada
daughter of William Neal Raven (John 1) and Hannah Hanson or Hansen
(Cornelius). She died 1943 and is buried in Thorndike. Selena had
previously been married to George Carson and had four sons by that
marriage.

Children:

1. John Herbert Merry born 8 March 1895 in Woodland, Aroostook,
Maine, died 23 July 1993 in Bangor, Penobscot, Maine. Married Sadie
Jane Dyer of Thorndike daughter of Edgar Willis Dyer and Anna May
Dolloff. Four sons and four daughters.
http://archiver.rootsweb.com/th/read/MERRY/2002-10/1033709574

2. Otto Merry born 1896 in Woodland, died 1897 in Woodland, buried
in Caribou, Aroostook, Maine.

3. Ruby Merry born in Woodland, married Walter Gordon.

4. Bernice Merry born in Woodland, married George Gordon, brother
of Walter above.

Sources available on request. If anybody has anything to add,
subtract, confirm or refute I'd like to hear what you've got.

If you'd like to add this information to your database or share it
with others feel free to do so and please cite the source. If you
would like to publish this information in your web site, your own
book, CD or other publication I would appreciate a note from you
saying so. This data is not to be submitted to any person,
organization or firm that is in the business of collecting data to
put on commercial CD's or commercial web sites for the purpose of
selling it to their patrons.

Best wishes,
David

This thread: