METIS-L Archives

Archiver > METIS > 2011-07 > 1311905265

From: Eileen Horan <>
Subject: [METIS] Obituary of Leo Lewis Turcotte
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 19:09:02 -0700

OBITUARY OF LEO LEWIS TURCOTTE, extracted by Eileen Horan, from the Wednesday July 27th 2011 edition of the Regina Leader Post:
Turcotte, Leo
Published: 2011-07-27
Mr. Leo Lewis Turcotte
March 14, 1929 - July 24, 2011
It is with deepest sadness and regret our loved one, Leo passed away peacefully on Sunday, July 24, 2011 after a serious accident. He was a wonderful man, full of life, very strong and determined. He will be sadly missed, but will be in our hearts and thoughts with many fond memories.
He is predeceased by his father Cyrenus and his mother Olive; brothers Louie, and Lyle; sisters Dora, and Dolores; sons Lyle, and Lorne.
He is survived by his wife Annie, sisters: Doris, Doreen, and Dorothy; children: Leonard (Marlene), Joyce (Terry), Lewis, Janice (Kevin), Lester (Melanie), Ted (Melissa), Paulie (Darryl), and Millie (Larry); Grandchildren: Joanne (Rocky), Lance (Tanya), Lisa (Bob), Sheri (Wade), Tanya, Trevor, Chelsea (Cory), Nolan, Nathan, Stevin (Ally), Marc, Paula, Lincoln, and Devonian; numerous great grandchildren, nieces, nephews, family and friends.
There will be no funeral service as our hearts followed Leo's wishes to be cremated with no funeral service. Everyone's support, thoughts and prayers have been more than anyone could have hoped for and are very much appreciated.
Special thank you to the General Hospital SICU for everything they did.
Addendum to Obituary, written by Eileen Horan:
Leo Lewis Turcotte was born in Webb, Saskatchewan, to Cyrenne-"Cyrille" Turcot dit Turcotte [he was born in Niagara Falls, Ontario - I don't know who his parents were] and Olive Margaret Lemay. His Mother, Olive, was a daughter of Lewis Albert Lemay and Margaret Villeneuve. Lewis Lemay was a son of Napoleon Philippe Lemay and Ellen Turpin. Margaret Villeneuve was a daughter of Francois LaFourche dit Villeneuve and Justine Robillard - a daughter of Jean Baptiste Lambert dit Robillard and Marie Rose "Antoinette" Lagimodiere dit Lagimoniere.
*********

This thread: