METIS-L Archives

Archiver > METIS > 2011-12 > 1323723803

From: "" <>
Subject: Re: [METIS] McDougall - Lavigne - native connections - Gatineau &Ontario early to mid 1800's
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 21:03:23 -0000

Author: gilberte1947
Surnames:
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/topics.ethnic.natam.nations.metis.metisgen/835.2.1.1.2.1.1.1.1/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

Found a marriage but it wont help you much

Jacko Lavigned wed Cecile Cecin McDougall
Aug 22 1876
Maniwaki, Gatineau, PQ

Now I see no parents mentioned & no baptisms on any children there nor any deaths for that matter.

I find that strange that she married & died on the same day but I have seen all kinds of things in my time.

Like getting married three or four different times at different Missions all the same couple.

Being baptised to get married was common & getting married in their senior years when their children were all wed ahead of them was not unheard of.

My great grandmother had a service four months after her death in their hunting territories so not buried where they said she was.

It took me awhile to figure that one out.

But here is a new one on me getting married on one day of one death?

But the Book of Pierre Bernard for Maniwaki so stipulates these dates.

Important Note: