METISGEN-L Archives

Archiver > METISGEN > 2003-02 > 1045068232

From: Eileen Horan <>
Subject: Re: [METISGEN-L] MARION, BOUCHER, REDL
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 10:45:46 -0600

Good Morning Lynn
just reading the messages from last night
am forwarding 2 generations of the Marion Line; you will notice that I have Bob's mother as "Unknown Spouse" as I do not have Bob's history. I noticed that Bob's grandmother was related to Donald Ross, who was killed at Batoche -- being tragically dragged around the area (by a horse)... after mistaken for Louis Riel by Middleton's militia

I would be pleased to exchange info with you; my interest being THAT this is my niece's (through marriage) and great-nieces' history

I will check my obit file to see if Laurine's is there; but, am not sure if I still have the 1999 obits on file. Which cemetery was sure buried in South Hill, St Mary's, or Prince Albert Memorial Gardens??
For Now
Eileen
============================
Descendants of Louis MARION

1 Louis MARION b: March 17, 1842 in St Boniface Parish District, Red River Settlement (Manitoba) d: December 12, 1920 in Duck Lake district, Saskatchewan
.. + Marie-Andronique ROSS b: July 25, 1849 in Red River District (Manitoba) d: January 14, 1913 in Duck Lake district, Saskatchewan m: August 11, 1866 in St Francois Xavier Church, Red River Settlement (Manitoba) Father: Roderick ROSS Mother: Marie DELORME
........ 2 Marie-Rose MARION b: May 08, 1870 in St Boniface Parish District, where she was baptized July 24th 1870 in the Parish Church (see Metis Families), Red River Settlement (Manitoba) d: Unknown
........ 2 Elise MARION b: 1874 in St Laurent de Grandin Parish District, where she was baptized in the Parish Church on June 7th 1874, North West Territories (Saskatchewan) d: Unknown
............ + Pierre Ludger LAFOND b: Abt. 1872 in North West Territories d: Unknown m: March 04, 1889 in the St Antoine de Padoue Church, Batoche, North West Territories (Saskatchewan) Father: Joseph LAFOND Mother: Catherine GAUTHIER
........ 2 Agnes MARION b: October 25, 1876 in Blackfoot Crossing, North West Territories (Saskatchewan) d: Unknown
........ 2 Norman Louis dit Napoleon-Louis MARION b: January 29, 1879 in Duck Lake district, where he was baptized on his date of birth in the Duck Lake Mission & christened "Napoleon Louis", North West Territories (Saskatchewan). He changed his name to "Norman Louis"... d: Unknown
............ + UNKNOWN SPOUSE b: Abt. 1881 d: Unknown m: Abt. 1900
........ 2 George dit Joseph George Alexandre MARION b: June 06, 1882 in St Boniface Parish District, Red River Settlement (Manitoba) d: Unknown
............ + Melanie Rosalie DESJARLAIS b: Abt. 1884 d: Unknown m: November 27, 1902 in the St Antoine de Padoue Church, Batoche, North West Territories (Saskatchewan) Father: Gregoire DESJARLAIS Mother: Julie PEPIN
........ 2 Arthur Jules MARION b: November 19, 1884 in Duck Lake district, where he was baptized November 29th 1884 in the Duck Lake Mission, North West Territories (Saskatchewan) d: April 05, 1941 in Meadow Lake district, Saskatchewan
............ + Victorine-Bernadette BOUCHER b: February 18, 1884 in St. Louis district, North West Territories (Saskatchewan) d: December 1967 m: Abt. 1904 in St. Louis, North West Territories (Saskatchewan) Father: Jean-Baptiste Junior BOUCHER Mother: Marie-Louise "Mariya" BREMNER
........ 2 Marie-Stella MARION b: April 07, 1887 in Duck Lake district, where she was baptized April 17th 1887 in the Blessed Sacrement Cathedral in Duck Lake, North West Territories (Saskatchewan) d: Unknown
........ 2 Hedwidge MARION b: September 03, 1889 in St. Louis district, North West Territories (Saskatchewan) d: January 05, 1968 in St. Louis, Saskatchewan. She became blind in her later years. Both William & Hedwidge were buried in the Cemetery, in St Louis, Saskatchewan
............ + Senator.William Albert "Boss" BOUCHER b: November 12, 1889 in the Family Homestead, St. Louis District, North West Territories (Saskatchewan) d: June 23, 1976 in the Province of Quebec, while travelling on business from Ottawa (as a Senator of the House of Commons). He was buried in St. Louis, Saskatchewan m: Abt. 1924 in St. Louis, North West Territories (Saskatchewan) Father: Jean-Baptiste Junior BOUCHER Mother: Marie-Louise "Mariya" BREMNER