METISGEN-L Archives

Archiver > METISGEN > 2003-05 > 1052431215

From: "Diane Williams" <>
Subject: Re: [METISGEN-L] Diane
Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 18:00:15 -0400

Dear Anne, Thanks for the info. This is some different info. I have: Martin
Prevost ( Provost ) born at Montreuil sous Bois, Bobigny, Paris, France. I
have same death date as you but also came across 1681 and 1689? Having him
died at Batiscan? I also have Roch as Huron/Algonquin and Koeou as Abenaki.
In an other source ( Sorry I didn't keep track ) I have them listed actually
as both Abenakis. I then am
connected to Therese Provost who
married Michel Giroux ( Brother of Marie Giroux? ) August, 18 1683,
one of their children was Marie-Marguerite Giroux who married Francois
Vachon/Pomerleau dit Laminee Nov. 14, 1718, then Jean Baptiste
Vachon/Pomerleau m. Marie-Angelique Grenier ( Garnier ) Mar. 1, 1745,
then Pierre Jean Vachon/Pomerleau who married Marie-Jeanne Giroux, Feb.3.
1777 then Pierre
Vachon/Pomerleau m. Veronique Ferland Jan.19, 1813,
then Thomas Vachon( Pomerleau ) m. Flavie (Pomerleau) Vachon Feb. 23, 1846,
then Charles Vachon m. Marie-Demerise Fecteau (Filteau) Nov. 12, 1879,
then my grand parents Joseph Alfred Vachon to Marie Josephine Pepin Aug. 27,
1923. Next connections is the same down to Francois Vachon and Marguerite
Giroux.
Lange Garnier/Grenier m. Marguerite Vachon all I have is her birthdate as
Jan. 27, 1724 Francois
Ferland m. Marie-Angelique Grenier/Garnier and from down there is the same.
Next connection is Martin + Marie

Jean Baptiste Prevost ( Metis )+ Marie-Anne Giroux Aug. 16, 1683
Jean Baptiste Petitclerc + Marie Francois Prevost ( Metis ) m.Feb. 11, 1709
Jean Francois Bisson + Marie Francoise Petitclerc m. Feb.4, 1732
Jean Francois Bisson (Metis) m. Marie Josette Belleau Feb. 20 1764
Charles Jacques + Marie Josette Bisson ( Metis ) m. Feb. 13, 1787 no d. or
b. Thomas
Fecteau/Filteau + Marguerite Jacques ( Metis ) m. Jan. 12, 1813 no d. or b.
dates Jean Baptiste
Fecteau + Hermine FERLAND m. Jan.24, 1843 COULD USE HELP W/ HER
Francois Ferland + Marie-Angelique Grenier ( Metis ) m. Aug. 17, 1773 no b.
or do. dates Pierre
Vachon/Pomerleau + Veronique Ferland and the rest below the same.
Dear Anne, also came across this- Roch + Koueou's other child was male
Ouasibiskounesout Mantihabehick ( Manitouabeouich ). If you have any other
info. on some other close lines, I would appreciate it. Roch was Baptized on
Nov. 14, 1636. Also have Marie Olivier's last name as Ouchistauichkoue?