METISGEN-L Archives

Archiver > METISGEN > 2004-01 > 1073669328

From: Eileen Horan <>
Subject: Re: [METISGEN-L] Sanderson, James Thomas...query
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2004 11:36:18 -0600

Hi Brenda
following is 2 generations from my database, hope it helps...
Eileen
=================
Descendants of James-Thomas SANDERSON

1 James-Thomas SANDERSON b: 1784 in Northwest Territories, (Canada) d:
November 26, 1873 in St. Andrew's Parish, being buried in St. Andrew's
Anglican Church Parish Cemetery on November 29th 1873, Manitoba
.. + Sally-Sarah CREE-INDIAN-WOMAN b: 1787 in an INDIAN Settlement, near
York Factory, North West Territories d: May 18, 1827 in Red River
Settlement, Rupert's Land, being buried in St. Johns Anglican Church Parish
Cemetery (Manitoba) m: October 31, 1823 in St John's Parish Church (HBC
Marriage Records, as M-#66), Red River Settlement (Manitoba). They were
first married according to the custom of the country, when no clergy were
available to perform the service.
2 James Junior SANDERSON b: 1816 in Rupert's Land d: 1851 in Lake
Manitoba, where he drowned when his boat capsized
.... + Elizabeth-"Bethsy" ANDERSON b: 1820 in High Bluff, Red River
Settlement (Manitoba) d: March 14, 1902 in Sandy Bay, Manitoba m: December
27, 1838 in St. John's Church, High Bluff, Red River Settlement (Manitoba)
Father: John-Henry ANDERSON Mother: Mary-Anne DESMARAIS
2 Frances SANDERSON b: 1824 in North West Territories, being baptized on
May 30th 1824 in the Red River Settlement (Manitoba) d: Unknown
2 James SANDERSON b: 1827 in St. John's, being baptized during November
1827 in the Parish Church, Red River Settlement (Manitoba) d: February 17,
1835 in St. John's Parish, Red River Settlement and was buried in the St.
Johns Anglican Church Parish Cemetery at St.Johns (Manitoba). He is
identified in Metis Families (first edition: p.1059) by Gail MORIN; and
documented SANDERSON family history.
2 Thomas-"George" SANDERSON b: 1824 in St. John's Parish, Red River
Settlement d: 1906 in Prince Albert District, Saskatchewan
.... + Jane HENDERSON b: 1831 in Red River Settlement, Rupert's Land
(Manitoba) d: 1858 in Red River Settlement, Rupert's Land (Manitoba) m: Abt.
1843 in Red River Settlement (Manitoba).
*2nd Wife of Thomas-"George" SANDERSON:
.... + Sarah GILL b: 1841 in Lac Seul, Ontario d: 1938 in Fairford
District, Manitoba, where she passed away at the age of 97. m: 1861 in St
Andrew's Parish District, Red River Settlement (Manitoba) Father: Robert
GILL Mother: Sophia HARPER
2 Sarah-Sally SANDERSON b: 1824 in North West Territories, being
baptized in St. John's parish Anglican Church on July 25th 1824, in the Red
River Settlement (Manitoba) d: Unknown
.... + George WHITFORD b: 1822 in Cumberland House, Hudson's Bay Co Trading
district (identified from Manitoba Scrip C-14934), North West Territories
(Saskatchewan) d: Unknown m: Abt. 1847 in St. Peter's Parish Church, Red
River Settlement (Manitoba) Father: George WHITFORD Mother: Catherine JOKE
*2nd Husband of Sarah-Sally SANDERSON:
.... + Samuel SPENCE b: Abt. 1825 d: Unknown m: Aft. 1847 in Red River
Settlement (Manitoba)
*2nd Wife of James-Thomas SANDERSON:
.. + Margaret LOUIS b: 1806 in North West Territories d: 1831 in St. John's
Parish, Red River Settlement (Manitoba) m: November 20, 1827 in St. Johns
Parish Church (HBC Marriage Records, Marriage #M-138), Red River Settlement
(Manitoba) Father: Joseph LEWIS dit LOUIS Mother: UNKNOWN INDIAN-WOMAN
*3rd Wife of James-Thomas SANDERSON:
.. + Nancy Ann WHITFORD b: 1801 in North West Territories d: 1842 in Red
River Settlement, Rupert's Land (Manitoba) m: February 09, 1832 in St John's
Parish Church (HBC Marriage Records, as M-#229), Red River Settlement
(Manitoba). Father: James-Peter WHITFORD Mother: Sarah INDIAN-WOMAN
2 Robert SANDERSON b: 1833 in St. Andrew's Parish, being baptized on
December 14th 1834 in the Parish Church, Red River Settlement (Manitoba) d:
1892 in Fairford District, Manitoba
.... + Elizabeth SABISTON b: 1829 in Partridge Crop Parish (Fairford,
Manitoba today), Red River Settlement, Rupert's Land d: 1914 in Fairford
District, Manitoba m: 1857 in Partridge Crop Parish, Red River Settlement,
Rupert's Land Father: William SABISTON Mother: Mary ROBERTSON
2 Marguerite SANDERSON b: 1835 in St. John's Parish District, being
baptized in St. John's Anglican Church on June 17th 1833, Red River
Settlement (Manitoba) d: Unknown
.... + Francois DUCHARME b: 1826 in Partridge Crop (Fairford, Manitoba,
today), Red River Settlement d: Unknown m: July 25, 1849 in St John's Parish
Church, Red River Settlement [Manitoba] -- they had 13 children -- Father:
Antoine DUCHARME Mother: Josephte Suzette Mackegonne RICHARD
2 William SANDERSON b: 1837 in Partridge Crop District (now known as
Fairford), being baptized in the Parish Church on April 23rd 1837, Red River
Settlement d: Unknown
*4th Wife of James-Thomas SANDERSON:
.. + Mary FAVEL b: May 1824 in Northwest Territories [year of birth, May
1825, in her Scrip Affidavit], being baptized in St. John's Parish Church on
August 15th 1824 in the Red River Settlement (Manitoba) d: Unknown m:
November 23, 1843 in St. Andrew's Parish Church, Red River Settlement
Father: Thomas FAVELL Mother: Sarah-Sally TROUT
2 Robert SANDERSON b: 1844 in St. Andrew's Parish, Red River Settlement
(Manitoba) d: Unknown