METISGEN-L Archives

Archiver > METISGEN > 2010-04 > 1270183193

From: Eileen Horan <>
Subject: Re: [METISGEN] Morin /Corrigal / Buckley query
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2010 20:49:05 -0800

Hi Brenda,
Lawrence phoned me back tonight... long distance from Regina.... his mother
phoned around to her many relatives and friends living at Isle a la Crosse
and Beauval; and then gave Lawrence the names of Aldina's parents and
grandparents over the phone

Aldina was a daughter of Flavie Roy [b.1900; died about 1954] and Vital
Morin [b.1889; died unknown].... son of Jean-Baptiste Morin [1867-1925] and
Philomene Merasty dit Meraste [b.1872; died before 1957]. Jean-Bte Morin
was a son of Zephirin-Catholique Morin [b.1843] and Magdeleine dit Madeleine
Gerard [b.1853]. Philomene was a daughter of Basil Baptiste Merasty dit
Meraste [b. circa 1874; died circa 1877] and Josephte "Josette" Durocher
[b.1840; died after 1905].
Flavie Roy was a daughter of Caroline Morin [1859-1930] and Francois Roy
Junior [b.1856] - son of Francois Roy Senior [b.1835] and Marie Lariviere
[b. circa 1839].
Caroline Morin was a daughter of Raphael-Senior Morin [b.1828] and Elizabeth
"Betsy" Cook.

Raphael Senior Morin [b.1828] was a brother to Cyprien Morin [b.1829] -
their Wives were sisters. Elizabeth "Betsy" Cook was born about 1834; Marie
"Mary" Cook [wife of Cyprien Morin]. was born about 1836. They were
daughters of Jermiah "Jeremy" Cook. I have not been able to find out
Jerimiah's ancestry.... nor the name of his Wife.

Raphael and Cyprien Morin were sons of Antoine Morin [b. circa 1797; died
1857] and Pelagie Boucher [b.1810; died after 1901]

hope this helps,
Eileen
========