MI-GENEALOGY-L Archives

Archiver > MI-GENEALOGY > 2001-09 > 0999556302

From: "Marianne" <>
Subject: [MI-Genealogy] Knappen, Barber, Slater, Flower, Dorr surnames
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2001 16:32:22 -0600

Looking for:

Asher KNAPPEN of Richland area, Kalamazoo CO and his wife Jane Barber
Jane BARBER b. 7 Jul 1835, Barry CO, MI was the daughter of Alpheus and
Elizabeth BARBER (nee DENNIS), farmers of Cressy, (Prairieville) area, Barry
CO of MI. The were friends of Rev. Leonard Slater (noted below)

Jane BARBER Knappen was in a second marriage, of March 14 1854 (age 19) to
a George L. SLATER b.9 Feb 1829 grand Rapids, Kent, MI. The lived in
Richland, MI.

Jane and George had one son George B. (Benjamin ) SLATER b 1955. Trying to
see if a "Bennie SLATER" of Richland who I see married an Edna FLOWER in
1879 is this same man if anyone has any ideas of knowledge of these folks
please let me know!
Jane died and George remarried to a Harriet Dorr, m.14 Apr 1857 Kalamazoo
and as noted in 1860 census of Richland they had one son William b. abt
1958.

George L.Slater's father was the Rev Leonard SLATER, who was the Baptist
and Indian missionary of Grand Rapids, c. 1826 and also later had a mission
in Prairieville. I have alot of info already about the mission.

I have basically these general facts, and a little more , but if anyone has
any more details esp. on the KNAPPEN, Barber family or on George Benjamin
(Bennie) Slater in particular, I'd appreciate it very much!

Marianne

This thread: