Archiver > MI-GENEALOGY > 2011-06 > 1308009394

From: Flora Mcrae <>
Subject: [MI-GENEALOGY] Dewey Collection at the Library of Michigan
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 19:56:34 -0400

Since I haven't seen this item on this message board (or the Facebook site) I thought I'd bring to you attention an item of interest.
You may recall that about a year ago there was a posting about the Library's core mission.
"The Library's staff will be "weeding" the Dewey and Main Collections in an effort to keep items that "fit" the core mission. After staff have thoroughly gone through the Dewey (4th floor) and Main (3rd floor) Collections and pulled items that align with our primary mission,..."

Parts of the Dewey collection have been weeded out and are up for auction, in lot as opposed to individual books.

You can view the lot by going to the MI Dept of Technology, Management & Budget site.

click on visit online auction;
down amongst the appliances, furniture, you'll see "library books." click that link.

on a beautiful evening here in livonia

This thread: