MICALHOU-L Archives

Archiver > MICALHOU > 2011-05 > 1305557372

From: ,
Subject: Re: [MICALHOU] Barry Family Treasures!
Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 14:49:32 -0000

Author: grumpy28
Surnames:
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/localities.northam.usa.states.michigan.counties.calhoun/4264.2.1/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

Not to my knowledge. However, I have not found any good clues to the family of my John V. Lewis (a minister) who came from NY. However, I do know they settled in Marcellus, Cass County around 1850s-1860s. Their son Gage Lewis married Malissa Mikel who had Daisy Lewis who married George Barry. Daisy moved to Calhoun County to be with George in the early 1900s. To my knowledge that is the earliest Lewis I have in Calhoun County, but like I said.... John V Lewis' family is still much of a mystery to me! I did find where he seems to have married again very late in life (in the 1880s) in Bangor and stated he was born in Dryden, NY. That's all I have been able to find on him. Luckily a cousin had a family bible that gave his DOB, his first and 2nd wife's names and marriage dates and their kids names, but that's about all I have. (ie..No locations) I have a picture that says it's Gage's mother and father, which would be John V. Lewis. However, his actual mother died in 1!
863 or 4. (Not at home with my info but that's close) Not sure if this is really her or not. I believe more likely John's 2nd wife who died in 1880. However, could be third???? Not sure when picture was taken. Then again, I have a picture in the chest that I know is prior to 1868 as the man in the picture died then so anything is possible I guess. Good Luck!

Important Note: