Archiver > MIDLOTHIAN > 2006-08 > 1154648599

From: "Elinor Hickey" <>
Subject: Re: [MLN] John DAVIDSON
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2006 19:43:19 -0400

Hi Jan,

John Davidson and Martha McIntosh Banns 17 April 1813 Edinburgh and 10 Oct.
1813 Cockpen.
John Davidson B. 16 July 1814 Lasswade

This could be John B. 1814 ----1851 Census, Parish of Newbattle, Reference
695, Enum. Dist 7 Page ll, Schedule 39
Address: 26 Stobhill

Surname Firstname Sex Rel. C Age Occupation Birthplace
Davidson John m HD M 35 Coal Miner Lasswade
Davidson Elisabeth (m/s Dickson) f WI M 35 ENG. DUR.
Davidson Mary f DA 15 MLN Cranston
B. 16 April 1836
Davidson Martha f DA 11 Scholar MLN Crichton C. 23
Feb. 1840
Davidson James m SO 6 Scholar MLN Cranston
Davidson William m SO 3 MLN Crichton
Davidson Jane f DA 5m MLN Newbattle
not on census
Davidson John B. 11 Mar. 1838 Crichton
Davidson John B. 22 May 1842 Crichton

This could be yours------Gardener Davidson and Charlote Duncan married 4
June 1836 Gladsmuir, East Lothian
1841 Census, Parish of Newbattle (695) Enum Dist. 7 Page 6
Address: Stobhill

Davidson Gardener m 25 Coal Miner Yes, Midlothian
Davidson Charlote f 28 Yes, Midlothian
Davidson John m 3 Yes, Midlothian Cr. 15 July
1837 Crichton
Davidson Elizabeth f 2 Yes, Midlothian Cr. 10
April 1839 Crichton
Davidson Martha f 1m Yes, Midlothian B. 23 May
Davidson Joseph m 17 Coal Miner Yes, Midlothian (could be brother to
Can't find this family on the 1851 census for Midlothian.

This may be yours ----1851 Census for Parish of Dalkeith (683) Enum.Dist 9
Page 10 Sch. 61
Address: Bennet's Close
Davidson Martha f HD W 54 Lodging House Keeper MLN Cockpen
Lindsay Elizabeth f NC U 8 at home PEE Peebles
Thomson Elizabeth f LG W 64 MLN

There is another Martha Davidson listed but Davidson is her maiden name and
her married name is Gilbert

That's about all I can find, if you have anymore info. I have the 1841
census and 1851 census for Midlothian on CD. There are probably more
children out there, it is just the matter of finding them

Best Wishes,

This thread: