MITCHELL-L Archives

Archiver > MITCHELL > 2002-04 > 1018387463

From: "Don Carr" <>
Subject: Re: [MITCHELL] Kentucky Mitchells
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 17:24:23 -0400

From: Joan Carr
Hi Rhonda,

I also descend from Mitchells of Green County, KY. Are any of your KY
Mitchells related to mine?

Charles Mitchell and Hestor "Hettie" Mills were married in Green County, KY
on Feb. 10, 1800. Hettie is the daughter of James Mills and Elizabeth
Phipps.

Charles and Hettie had these children:

1. Hettie MITCHELL married John Jeffries on Aug. 5, 1828, Green County, KY
2. Charter MITCHELL married Dicy Lile on Sept. 16, 1831, Green County, KY
3. James Mills MITCHELL married Eunice Slinker on July 9, 1831, Green
County, KY
4. William Phipps MITCHELL married Nancy Ann Skaggs on June 24, 1830, Green
County, KY
5. Rachel Jane MITCHELL married John Yates Bragg on July 19, 1835, Barren
County, KY
6. Charles Clarke MITCHELL married Mary Mariah Harris on Feb 11, 1847,
Barren County, KY.

----

Charles and Hettie (Phipps) Mitchell's son, James Mills MITCHELL and Eunice
Slinker, married July 9, 1831, Green County, KY. James was born June 26,
1804, Green County, KY and died March 27, 1860, Sabine Parish, LA. Eunice
was born on March 17, 1813, Green County, KY, died Feb. 6, 1900, LA and is
the daughter Henry Slinker and Susannah Biggs. They are found on the 1840
Barren County, KY census and on the 1850 Sabine Parish, LA census.

James Mills Mitchell and Eunice Slinker Mitchell had these children:

1. Joshua Phipps MITCHELL was born June 18, 1832 in KY and died April 9,
1896, Anacoco, Vernon Parish, LA. He married Mary Franklin MITCHELL on
9-Feb-1854, Sabine Parish, LA.
2. William Thomas MITCHELL married (1) Elizabeth Martin (2) Evaline C.
Maddox (3) Arabell Eason
3. Martha Elizabeth MITCHELL married Eli Martin
4. Charles Henry MITCHELL married Harriett Rebecca Conerly
5. Eunice M. MITCHELL married Dempsey Fennel Turner
6. Nancy Elizabeth MITCHELL
7. James Mills MITCHELL, Jr. married Susan Rayburn
8. Samuel A. MITCHELL married Frances Aldredge
9. Hettie MITCHELL married Henry C. Harveston
10. John Rollie MITCHELL married Eliza Jane Melton
----

Joshua Phipps Mitchell was born June 18, 1832, KY and died April 9, 1896,
Anacoco, Vernon Parish, LA and is the son of James Mills Mitchell and Eunice
Slinker Mitchell of KY and Sabine Parish, LA. He married Mary Franklin on
Feb. 9, 1854, Sabine Parish, LA. Mary Franklin is the daughter of James
Washington Franklin and Elizabeth Miers Franklin of Sabine and Vernon
Parish, LA.

Joshua and Mary had these children:

1. Mary Elizabeth Mitchell married Francis Marion Dowden
2. James Henry Mitchell married (1) Julia Ann Presley (2) Louisa Jane
"Jennie" Presley (3) Julia Marion Cowart
3. Marshall Jefferson Mitchell married Mary Jane Turner
4. Frances Jane Mitchell (died young)
5. David Coleman Mitchell (died young)
6. Eliza Jane Mitchell married James J. "Jim" Sanders
7. Julia Ellen Mitchell married John T. Sanders
8. Richard Mills Mitchell married Amanda Peters
9. Thomas A. Mitchell married Sarah McGee
10. Melissa Luticia Mitchell married Stephen Grant Simmons
11. Lydia Eunice Mitchell (died young)
12. John Monroe Mitchell (died on his wedding day of typhoid fever)
13. Rolly Leon Mitchell (died young)
14. Elan Lenorah Mitchell married Leon Kay
15. Hosea Franklin Mitchell (never married)
16. Amanda Ola "Ollie" Mitchell married Thomas Jefferson Tovery

I would like to correspond with anyone researching any of these Mitchells.
E-mail Joan Carr.

-------
1Vernon Parish was formed from Sabine Parish in 1871.