MITCHELL-L Archives

Archiver > MITCHELL > 2006-10 > 1161641080

From: "Pam" <>
Subject: Re: [MITCHELL] MITCHELL as a Jewish surname
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 17:04:40 -0500

I've got a Mitchell surname in my line that is a brick wall - my husband's
mother's maiden name is Mitchell - all I have is her name is Audrey
Mitchell - her mother's name was Bertha Fields Mitchell - and I don't even
have Bertha's husband's first name...however they had a bunch of kids - some
were William, John (Jack), Jerry, Audrey, Kenneth (Chug), Charles, Joyce,
Doris - some were born in Morehouse, MO - many lived near Centerville, MO -
Reynolds County. Would love to see if any of these connect to the Mitchell's
anyone named.

I find it extremely interesting that any of these would be Jewish - my own
line on my mother's side is "Michael" which I'm finding out was Michalek
which could also have been Jewish.....I think that is awesome...since I
study the bible from a hebraic perspective and have been for about 20 yrs -
way before I got into genealogy!

~Pam Frierdich-Staley~
Warrenton, MO
http://www.michael-steppig-family-tree.com
http://www.frierdich-staley-familytree.com
Looking for surnames of Michalek (Michael/eal), Schallom, Steppig, Mees,
Reis, Frierdich, Bangert, Diesel, Hatter, Hoerter, Kiefer, Rapp,
Mentel, Shellhorn, Staley, Weber, Thoele, Mitchell, Probst