MIXED-BLOODS-L Archives

Archiver > MIXED-BLOODS > 2009-01 > 1231012380

Subject: Re: [MIXED-BLOODS] my mtDNA results show NA
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2009 14:53:00 EST

Pat

Your email was very interesting. When I first got into this genealogy stuff,
my entire family denied any "Indian Blood".

They know now.

I have been interested in your "Goin" family name. Actually the Mulungeons
mixed with many peoples. My line goes back to Delaware and Virgina and
onwards from there.What I have found intrigues me.My HOUSE line began in Delaware
with the Lenni-Lenapa. Melungeons were there. My GORDON line began in Virginia.

The Cherokee also claim Melungeon.
What M on the census means in early Virginia, is NON_white. Later after
"Plecker" there were two choices, Black or White.

Virginia became extremely biased.When I began this genealogy stuff, the
State of Virginia told me the Indians were all long gone." There are no Indians".

So nothing would surprise me. I AM proud of what blood runs thorough my
veins. It has HISTORY.My blood is OLD.

BARB
Descendant of Lenni-Lenapa, Shawnee, Powhatan, Pumunkey, Cherokee, and Sauk
& Fox, with a wee bit of Irish Basque

HOUSE, COLEMAN, LEWIS, GORDON, LEE, ,TALBOT AND BENGE

The other line is EDMONDS, ALDERMAN, LEAVENS, TALBOT.
There are two Talbot great grandmothers.

In a message dated 1/3/2009 10:50:29 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,