MNFREEBO-L Archives

Archiver > MNFREEBO > 2009-06 > 1244397716

From: "" <>
Subject: Re: [MNFREEBO] 1860 Census Record
Date: Sun, 07 Jun 2009 18:01:56 -0000

Author: khines14
Surnames: Wilcox
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/localities.northam.usa.states.minnesota.counties.freeborn/571.1/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

I see the three MN land purchases in 10/30/1857, 1/15/1858, and 6/1/1859 totaling 320 acres. He's in Moscow Township on the 1860.

I don't see them in the 1865 MN State census. The only Wilcox listed that year in Freeborn are Edith, Hannah, and Amos. The only Homer is Homer Sprague.

In the 1870 I see a Samuel Wilcox in Nunda Township. He was born about 1820 in New York. And there is a Clarissa Wilcox, born about 1812 in New York, in Mansfield Township.

I would write or call the library at the Freeborn Co. Historical Society and ask them to check the earliest newspapers they have.
http://www.smig.net/fchm/library.htm
Also check the index to deeds, both grantor and grantee, to see when he might have sold those land parcels and who he sold them to.

Important Note: