Archiver > MNFREEBO > 2009-06 > 1244397716

From: ,
Subject: Re: [MNFREEBO] 1860 Census Record
Date: Sun, 07 Jun 2009 18:01:56 -0000

Author: khines14
Surnames: Wilcox
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

Message Board Post:

I see the three MN land purchases in 10/30/1857, 1/15/1858, and 6/1/1859 totaling 320 acres. He's in Moscow Township on the 1860.

I don't see them in the 1865 MN State census. The only Wilcox listed that year in Freeborn are Edith, Hannah, and Amos. The only Homer is Homer Sprague.

In the 1870 I see a Samuel Wilcox in Nunda Township. He was born about 1820 in New York. And there is a Clarissa Wilcox, born about 1812 in New York, in Mansfield Township.

I would write or call the library at the Freeborn Co. Historical Society and ask them to check the earliest newspapers they have.
Also check the index to deeds, both grantor and grantee, to see when he might have sold those land parcels and who he sold them to.

Important Note: