MOMONITE-L Archives

Archiver > MOMONITE > 2004-02 > 1076447101

Subject: [MOMONITE] Levi Wood family and Jane Wood family
Date: 10 Feb 2004 14:05:01 -0700

Classification: Query

Message Board URL:

http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec/msg/rw/XKB.2ACE/876

Message Board Post:

I am looking for information on Levi Wood 1794-1853, Moniteau Co. He was in Cooper Co. through the 1830 census. 1840 census he is in Cole Co. and then in 1850, Moniteau. His wife was Mariah Campbell. His known children: Jeriah, died 1863, married Susan McClanahan, Washington Wood, Sarah Wood and Elizabeth Wood. Levi was the son of Joseph Wood and moved to Missouri between 1817-1822 from Eastern Tennessee. Levi's mother died in Cooper Co. MO. in August 1825. I would like any info on his surviving children and if there were any other children.
Levi had known siblings: David and John of Cocke Co. TN. and Jeriah Wood of Cooper Co. Mo. It is highly likely that Alexander Wood and Jesse Wood of Cooper Co. were also brothers. In addition it is believed that Andrew Wood of Cole/Moniteau Counties was also a brother. There is also a known sister, Elizabeth. Her married name was Smith, but no information on the first name of her husband. Elizabeth might have died early because she is very ill in August 1825.

Jane Wood, believed to be the widow of Andrew Wood was listed as head of house in 1840 Cole Co. census. In 1850 she is in Moniteau Co. Her known children are: Joseph, Russel, Jeriah, Andrew and Marilda. Marilda married Joseph Wilson. It is also believed another daughter is Alamanza who married James Pierce Renfro(w). I would love any info that will confirm if Jane's husband was Andrew and if there are any more children. It is possible Jane's maiden name was Howard, only because 74 year old Sarah Howard was living with her in the 1850 census. Jane Wood died in 1868 with Jeriah and Andrew as executers.

Any information on this Wood family that came originally from Pennsylvania to Tennessee to Missouri would be greatly appreciated.

This thread: