MOMONROE-L Archives

Archiver > MOMONROE > 2005-02 > 1109044646

Subject: Re: ELLYSON's IN MONROE CO, MO
Date: 21 Feb 2005 20:57:26 -0700

Surnames: CAPP, DUVALL, DUNCAN, WALKER, FREELS
Classification: Query

Message Board URL:

http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec/msg/rw/YKB.2ACE/308.1.1

Message Board Post:

Dear Donald,

Thanks for responding to my posting….but you didn’t say anything about the Ellyson’s!!!!! Just kidding!!!!!

I have info on the Capp, Walker and Duvall lines as provided to me by my cousin years ago (more than 30) when I first got interested in genealogy and lived in Madison, MO. Is that where you are from? I went to school with Duvall’s – John, David, Donnice, are you in their line? You may have noticed by my email address that my maiden name was Freels. My dad was Roger Freels, my grandpa was Frank Freels, his mother was Amanda Walker, and her mom was Sarah Elizabeth Capp. Sarah was the daughter of William R. Capp and Margaret Ann Reynolds.

I have the Capp line to 1781 also; have not done any research on the Capp’s, Duvall’s, Dunkin’s, or Walker’s beyond the information that was given to me years ago.

My records show that Nancy Jane Capp Robey, born 1846 was married to Henry Clay Duvall after his first wife Elizabeth O’Neal died (?) and her (Nancy’s) first husband died. I also show that Henry and Elizabeth’s son William Marion Duvall married Margaret Ann Walker born 1873. Margaret Ann was the daughter of Lucrecia Capp Walker, born 1849 and the niece of Nancy Jane Capp Robey Duvall, born 1846, and my Sarah Elizabeth Capp Walker, born 1844. Lucrecia’s husband was George Washington Walker, son of Andrew Jackson Walker and Sarah’s husband was William Henry Walker, son of John (Jack) Walker. I don’t know if George Washington Walker and John (Jack) Walker were related, I would guess that they were (I need to research my info for the answer).

My records do show Henry Clay Duvall died in 1931and is buried in Ash Cemetery, Madison, MO. If you search the Monroe County site at http://www.rootsweb.com/~momonroe/ you will find some info on the Ash Cemetery. Once again, I got this info from other researchers, I don’t know where they found the info or if it is valid. My cousin who provided this info to me is still living if you want to get in touch with her let me know, she is in the Duncan line and lives in Moberly.

Keep in touch. I too have hit a brick wall in my research on the Freels side. I get back to 1836 where my ggg-grandfather Beverly Allen Frields got married and settled in Audrain Co. It seems he appeared from thin air!!!

Jan Freels Hurt

This thread: