MONEWTON-L Archives

Archiver > MONEWTON > 2000-07 > 0964438522

From: "Joy Hobbs" <>
Subject: Re: [MONEWTON-L] 1870 Mortality Schedule for Newton Co.
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 06:35:22 -0500

You know, you had said previously that you couldn't find any record of your
PLUMMER in the 1840 census. Hmmmm - but if they were living with another
family at the time, they wouldn't show.
But, a clip from my 1882 Atlas of Newton Co., MO (ownership map along with
other interesting notes) it says -
pg. 7
Joshua brock , Hiram Estes, Anderson Vaugn, Andrew Sparling, Edward Sherer,
Hugh Shannon, William Mars, Jonas Weems, Levi Lee, Samuel Powers, John
Plummer, Captain Jonathan Buzzard with a large family of sons and daughters,
came in, about the year 1833. From this on it would be impractiable to
record names, were they knows to us as familiarl as household words, so
rapidly did the county fill up.
end of quote