MONTGOMERY_CO_OH-L Archives

Archiver > MONTGOMERY_CO_OH > 2009-05 > 1242351015

From: ,
Subject: [MONTGOMERY_CO_OH] Christian KUHN in Montgomery Co.1815-1819,wife Jane WILSON
Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 01:30:15 -0000

Author: dawn_bingaman
Surnames: KUHN WILSON DUNCAN COOPER GRAY
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/localities.northam.usa.states.ohio.counties.montgomery/4699/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

Trying to track my ancestor, Christian KUHN (ca. 1787-1851) and learn who his parents or siblings were. He was in Preble Co., Ohio at the time of the 1850 census, but I believe he may have lived in Montgomery Co., Ohio before that. His census entry gives his birthplace as Maryland.

I know he was married 01 Jan 1818 to Jane WILSON in Montgomery Co., and that Christian Kuhn, Jr. and wife Jane of Dayton sold lot 16 in Little York to Daniel DUNCAN, 20 Feb 1819.

I have located a potentially earlier entry for a Christian KUHN who purchased Dayton outlot 28 from Daniel C. COOPER and his wife, Sophia, in 1815. Do not know if this earlier entry is for the same Christian KUHN. The use of "Jr." on the later record would imply another man of the same name in the community, whether directly related or not.

When Christian KUHN died in Preble Co., Ohio in 1851, a Tazwell GRAY was involved with the settling of his estate, who I believe was a minister with the Church of the Brethren (COB), possibly a German Dunkard congregation. If so, this could be a telling clue.

Any others researching any of these people who may have something to add, edit or clarify?

Important Note: