MOORE-L Archives

Archiver > MOORE > 2002-02 > 1014521482

From: Edith Pimentel <>
Subject: [MOORE-L] JESSE(JESSIE) LEE MOORE, 1827-1863, NC>TN>AR.
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2002 19:33:04 -0800

Recently I have seen several mentions of "MOORE, NC>TN>AR" so decided
it was probably time to advertise my "orphan MOORE".
I have long been searching for parents of my gr. grandfather,
Jesse(Jessie) Lee MOORE. According to the Genealogy Compendum,
he was born Randolph Co., NC., 10 May, 1827, and marr. Roina Blake
HARDIN, Knox Co., TN., 4 Mar 1848. They were in McNairy Co.,
TN. in 1850 census, and by 1853 had gone on to Hot Spring Co., AR.,
where my grandmother Elizabeth Frances MOORE (marr. Benjamin
Franklin LITTLETON in 1868) was born.

Their children were as follows:
John Wilkie MOORE, b. 27 Nov 1848, TN.
Edward Wade MOORE, b. 30 Sep 1850, TN.
Elizabeth Frances MOORE, 13 Feb 1853, AR.
William Lindsey MOORE, b. 30 Sep 1855, AR.
Mary Jane MOORE, b. 7 Nov 1857, AR.
Rozeta T. MOORE, b. 2 Jul 1860, AR.
Jesse Lee MOORE, b. 4 Mar 1863, AR. (Only 3 months old
when his father was killed.)

Jessie died “at the hands of others” on 11 Jun 1863. He is buried in
the Burnett Cemetery, Hot Spring Co., AR. His widow and her second
husband are buried next to him.
Roina soon remarried a neighbor whose wife had died, W.R.
THORNTON, and had 5 more children. She died in May, 1928 with
over 200 children, grandchildren, and gr. grandchildren.
I have never found any verification of who his parents might have
been. I have followed up various leads on families who would have been
in NC abt. 1827, and would have been of the age to have "birthed" this
boy. I am frustrated, he must have been under a really big tobacco
leaf.
Needless to say, any help will surely be appreciated.

Marketta in Madera. Geographical center of CA.

This thread: