MOOZARK-L Archives

Archiver > MOOZARK > 2009-07 > 1246793332

From: ,
Subject: Re: [MOOZARK] James H. Hogan buried in Isabella Cemetery
Date: Sun, 05 Jul 2009 11:28:52 -0000

Author: jamespoesq
Surnames:
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/localities.northam.usa.states.missouri.counties.ozark/924.955.1.1.1/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

Regarding Hiram Hogan, who wasa known to have come from Cork County in the early 1800s. James Hiram Hogan, his son was my next descending grandfather who moved to Missouri, which is where I live. I was hoping to discover more about Hiram's origins and wondered if you ever discovered anything you are willing to share?

I can tell you that I read in some published material (print in early 1900s) titled "Missouri - The Center State 1821-1915, By Walter B. Stevens, published in 1915, that Hiram Hogan did not go straight to Tennessee when arriving from Ireland, but first stayed a while in Pennsylvania, where exactly I know not, however, if that could be discovered, could possibly uncover more clues.

Important Note: