MORAY-L Archives

Archiver > MORAY > 2005-01 > 1106719660-03

From: "Greg Baldwin" <>
Subject: DEAN/McCASKIE/RIACH Surnames
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 17:07:40 +1100

G'day Cobbers,

Am wondering if anybody can assist me.

I have the following, below, from the 1881 British Census and believe that
Jessie McCASKIE is the married name of one Jessie Young DEAN, parents
Alexander DEAN & Isabella MELVIN.

Jessie McCASKIE is of the right age and born in the correct place but I need
more definite confirmation then this.

1881 British Census - Is this Jessie Young DEAN??
Dwelling:3 North College St
Census Place:Elgin, Elgin, Scotland
Source:FHL Film 0203433 GRO Ref Volume 135 EnumDist 5
Page 1
MarrAgeSexBirthplace
Thomas MC CASKIEM33 MElgin, Elgin, Scotland
Rel:Head
Occ:Printer Compositor
Jessie MC CASKIEM32 FElgin, Elgin, Scotland
Rel:Wife
Jessie MC CASKIE 13 FElgin, Elgin, Scotland
Rel:Daur
Occ:Scholar
Maggie A. MC CASKIE 3 FElgin, Elgin, Scotland
Rel:Daur
Cathrerine MC CASKIE 1 FElgin, Elgin, Scotland
Rel:Daur

This is Jessie's sister, Margaret Geddes DEAN, who again I think I've found
in the 1881 British Census, details as below:

1881 British Census - Is this Margaret??
Dwelling:95 High St
Census Place:Elgin, Elgin, Scotland
Source:FHL Film 0203433 GRO Ref Volume 135 EnumDist 3
Page 11
MarrAgeSexBirthplace
John RIACHM42 MRothes, Elgin, Scotland
Rel: Head
Occ: Mason
Margt. RIACHM31 FElgin, Elgin, Scotland
Rel: Wife
Occ: Masons Wife
Alexr. RIACHU17 MRothes, Elgin, Scotland
Rel: Son
Occ: Apprentice Plasterer
Janet Or Jessie RIACH 8 FElgin, Elgin, Scotland
Rel: Daur
Occ: Scholar
William RIACH 7 MElgin, Elgin, Scotland
Rel: Son
Occ: Scholar
Divina RIACH 5 FElgin, Elgin, Scotland
Rel: Daur
Occ: Scholar

Any help greatly appreciated.

Regards

Greg Baldwin
Ferntree Gully, Victoria, Australia
Homepage: http://member.melbpc.org.au/~kennethb/
Email:
All incoming & outgoing files & emails checked by VET Anti-Virus software.
AIGS 9842
A&NESFHS 9933
KFHS 7736
Researching Surnames:
ALLEN - Cornwall, Eng.
BAILEY - Plymouth, Eng>New Plymouth, Taranaki, NZ
BALDWIN - Kent, Eng>New Zealand> Qld, AUS
BENTON - Warwick, Eng
BIRCH - Yorkshire, Eng> Qld, AUS
BRODIE - Parish of Boyndie, Banffshire, SCT
BROWN - Wellington, NZ
CAMERON - Black Isle, SCT
CLARK - Rhynie & Essie, Aberdeen SCT
COKER - Rongeta, Wellington, NZ
CROZIER - Banbridge, Down, NIR > NZ
DEAN - Elgin, Elgin, Scotland
EDWARDS - Cornwall, Eng.
FRANCES - AUS
GRANT - Rhynie, Aberdeen, SCT
INCH - Cornwall, Eng>New Zealand
INGLIS - Banff/Moray, SCT
LANGDON - NZ
LAURANCE - Banff, SCT.
LEYLAND - Warwick, Eng.
LUMSDEN - Banff, SCT>New Zealand
MacDONALD - Inverness, SCT.
MASSEY - Down/Antrim, NIR>Qld, AUS
MELVIN - Elgin, Elgin, Scotland
McFADDEN -Down, NIR
McINTOSH - Inverness, SCT > Qld, AUS
McINTOSH - Ross Shire, Scotland>Qld, AUS
McKENZIE - Banff/Moray, SCT
McLEAN - Garmouth, Moray, SCT>Qld, AUS
McLEAVY - Jedburgh, Roxburgh, SCT>Qld, AUS
OLIVER - Jedburgh, Roxburgh, SCT>Qld, AUS
RAFFAN - Banff, SCT
REEVES - Yorkshire (?), Eng.
RUNNALLS/REYNOLDS - Cornwall, Eng.
ROBERTSON - Ross & Cromarty, SCT
RUDD - Westmoreland, Eng>Qld, AUS
SIMPSON - Banff/Moray, SCT
SMITH - SCT
SPRENGER - Qld, AUS
STUART - Moray, SCT
WAKEFIELD - Stroud, Gloucester, Eng>Qld, AUS
WARBURTON -Cheshire, Eng>New Plymouth, Taranaki, NZ
WHITEHOUSE - Warwick, Eng.
WILSON - Ayr, SCT>New Zealand
Helen's Stolen Generation Program:
http://www.abc.net.au/rn/history/hindsight/default.htm