MORAY-L Archives

Archiver > MORAY > 2006-06 > 1150215472

From: Carol Hinchliff <>
Subject: RE: [MORAY] IMLAH / UMLACH or similar in 1720s
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 10:17:55 -0600

Thanks Dorothy.
Actually I do have that information, but thank you anyway. I wish I could
link the two. The Isabella who died in 1821 was definitely John's wife, but
her maiden name is in doubt. Another possibility is Lamb. (There don't
appear to be any documents in Canada giving her name as other that Isabella
Umlach.)

It is also assumed that the John Umlach born in Elgin (below) is the same
person, but again - no proof YET! What puzzles me is that John did not name
any of his children "George". I guess he and his father may have fallen
out!

Many thanks
Carol