MORGAN-L Archives

Archiver > MORGAN > 2002-05 > 1022518483

From: "hmorgan" <>
Subject: [Morgan] Elizabeth Morgan/Vardeman
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 11:55:49 -0500

Dorothy:
The following is what I have about your query, I have no proof of anything.
I welcome any proof or additional information.
Harold Bishop Morgan

Descendants of Thomas Morgan

Generation No. 1

1. THOMAS1 MORGAN was born Abt. 1714, and died May 1774 in Bedford Co,
Virginia. He married ESTER Abt. 1734 in Bedford Co, Virginia. She was born
Abt. 1714, and died Aft. May 1774 in Bedford Co, Virginia.

Notes for THOMAS MORGAN:

Will of Thomas Morgan, 1774

In the name of God Amen

I Thomas Morgin of Bedford County being of perfect mind and memory,

but calling to mind the mortalilty of man do make and Ordain This my

Last Will and Testament in the following manner and form. I promise

to give to my Son Lewis Morgin and to his heirs and assigns forever

Two Shillings Sixpence Sterling. Item I give to my son Thomas Morgin

and to his heirs and assigns forever Two Shillings Sixpence Sterling.

Item I give to my Daughter Ann Honsey and to her heirs and assigns

forever One Shilling Threepence Sterling. Item I give to my Daughter

Elizabeth Vardiman and to her heirs and assign forever One Shilling

Threepence Sterling. Item I give to my Son John Morgin and to his

heirs and assigns forever One Shilling ThreePence Sterling.

Item I give to my son William Morgin and to his Heirs and assigns

forever One Shilling Threepence Sterling. Item I give to my Daughter

Leatice Richardson and to her heirs and assigns forever One Shilling

Threepence Sterling. Item I give to my daughter Mary Morgan and to

her Heirs and assigns forever. Item I give to my Daughter Suanna

Morgin and to her heirs and assigns forever One Shilling Threepence

Sterling. Item I give to my son Samuel Morgin and to his heirs and

assigns forever One Shilling Threepence Sterling. Item I give to my

Daughter Hanar Inmon and to her heirs and Assigns forever One Shilling

Threepence Sterling. Item I give to my son Reeace Morgin and to his

heirs and assigns forever One Shilling Threepence Sterling. Item I

give to my daughter Pheaby Morgin and to her heirs and assigns forever

one Cow and Calf. Item I give to my Daughter Reachel and to her Heirs

and assigns forever one Cow and Calf. Item I give to my Morgan Morgin

and my son Mordecia Morgan my Old Plantation, only there is to be ten

acres reserved of from it to be added to the place where I now live

and there is to be Two Hundred Acres to be taken of the Six Hundred

Acre Track at the south end and is to be added to my Old Plantation to

them and there Heirs ands assigns forever. Item I give to my wife

Fore Hundred Twenty Acres of land where I now live during her natural

life and then it shall fall to my Son Abraham Morgin to him and his

heirs and assigns forever and I likewise give to my Wife during her

natural life all my movable estate and at her Death it is to be

divided Between her children and I do hereby nominate make and ordain

my Wife Ester Morgin and my Son Samuel Morgin my only and sole Execs.

of this my last will and Testement Revoking and making null and void

all other Wills and Testements by me formerly made Declaring this and

no other to be my last Will and Testement. In Witness of which I have

hearunto set my hand and fixt my seale this First Day of April in The

Year of our Lord God One Thousand Seven Hundred and Seventy Fore.

Signed sealed and delivered

in the presents of His

William Hancock Thomas Morgan

Elisha Inman, Mary Hancock Mark

At a Court held for Bedford County May 23,1774

This last Will and Testament of Thomas Morgin Decd. was proven by the

oaths of William Hancock and Elisha Inman an Ordered to be Recorded.

J. A. Steptoe C.C.

Contributed by Dennis Nicklaus <>

Children of THOMAS MORGAN and ESTER are:

i. LEWIS2 MORGAN, b. Abt. 1742, Bedford Co, Virginia; d. Aft. May 1774.

ii. ANN MORGAN, b. Abt. 1742, Bedford Co, Virginia; d. Aft. May 1774; m.
HONSEY, Abt. 1760; b. Abt. 1740; d. Unknown.

iii. ELIZABETH MORGAN, b. Abt. 1742, Bedford Co, Virginia; d. Aft. May 1774;
m. VARDIMAN, Abt. 1760; b. Abt. 1740; d. Unknown.

iv. JOHN MORGAN, b. Abt. 1742, Bedford Co, Virginia; d. Aft. May 1774.

v. WILLIAM MORGAN, b. Abt. 1742, Bedford Co, Virginia; d. Aft. May 1774.

vi. LEATICE MORGAN, b. Abt. 1742, Bedford Co, Virginia; d. Aft. May 1774; m.
RICHARDSON, Abt. 1760; b. Abt. 1740; d. Unknown.

vii. MARY MORGAN, b. Abt. 1742, Bedford Co, Virginia; d. Aft. May 1774.

viii. SUSANNA MORGAN, b. Abt. 1742, Bedford Co, Virginia; d. Aft. May 1774.

ix. SAMUEL MORGAN, b. Abt. 1742, Bedford Co, Virginia; d. Aft. May 1774.

x. HANAR MORGAN, b. Abt. 1742, Bedford Co, Virginia; d. Aft. May 1774; m.
INMON, Abt. 1760; b. Abt. 1740; d. Unknown.

xi. REEACE MORGAN, b. Abt. 1742, Bedford Co, Virginia; d. Aft. May 1774.

xii. PHEABY MORGAN, b. Abt. 1742, Bedford Co, Virginia; d. Aft. May 1774.

xiii. RACHEL MORGAN, b. Abt. 1742, Bedford Co, Virginia; d. Aft. May 1774.

xiv. MORGAN MORGAN, b. Abt. 1742, Bedford Co, Virginia; d. Aft. May 1774.

2. xv. MORDECAI MORGAN, b. Abt. 1742, Bedford Co, Virginia; d. 1828, Bedford
Co, Virginia.

xvi. ABRAHAM MORGAN, b. Abt. 1742, Bedford Co, Virginia; d. Aft. May 1774.

Generation No. 2

2. MORDECAI2 MORGAN (THOMAS1) was born Abt. 1742 in Bedford Co, Virginia,
and died 1828 in Bedford Co, Virginia. He married ELIZABETH NICHOLS Feb 3,
1791 in Bedford Co, Virginia. She was born Abt. 1770 in Bedford Co,
Virginia?, and died Unknown in Bedford Co, Virginia.

Notes for MORDECAI MORGAN:

Dennis Nicklaus genealogy (mother's side)

Entries: 3969 Updated: Mon Jul 30 11:25:03 2001 Contact: Dennis Nicklaus
<> Home Page: Dennis Nicklaus Genealogy

----

Index | Descendancy | Register | Pedigree | Ahnentafel | Add Post-em

----

ID: I1249

Name: Mordecai Morgan

Name: Mordecia Morgin 1

Sex: M 2

Birth: 9 Jan 1765 in Bedford Co.,VA

Death: Bef 29 Apr 1829 in Bedford Co.,VA

Burial: Bedford Co.,VA

Text: Everything about Mordecai's descendants is all

from info provided by a descendent,

Lee Peters to Dennis Nicklaus, unless noted otherwise. 2

Note:

CHILDREN-BIRTH: ``A family bible which lists him and his children'',

as quoted by a descendant, Lee Peters, lp (at) fox.gsfc.nasa.gov,

14401 Basingstoke Lane,Silver Spring, MD 20905, in 1994.

Lee also gave Dennis Nicklaus a 2 page history of the descendants and

marriage of Mordecai. Everything about his descendants is all

from info provided by Lee to Dennis Nicklaus, unless noted otherwise.

Note:

PARENTS-SIBLINGS: The will of his father, Thomas Morgan

This will misspells his name as Mordecia Morgin, but it is accepted

as the same guy.

Father: Thomas Morgan b: Abt 1702

Mother: Hestor ``Ester'' Taylor b: Abt 1706

Marriage 1 Elizabeth Nichols

Married: 3 Feb 1791 in Bedford Co.,VA

Note: (Morgan Morgan, surety) 3 2

Children

Permelia Morgan b: 30 Nov 1791 in Bedford Co.,VA

Lucy Morgan b: 11 Aug 1793 in Bedford Co.,VA

Jesse Morgan b: 5 May 1795 in Bedford Co.,VA

Thomas J Morgan b: 13 Sep 1796 in Bedford Co.,VA

Christopher Morgan b: 17 Oct 1799

John Morgan b: 13 Mar 1801

Catherine Morgan b: 3 Apr 1805

Rebecca Morgan b: 4 Nov 1808

Wesley Morgan b: 1811

Sources:

Title: Will of Thomas Morgan of Bedford County, Virginia

Text: Recorded 23 May 1774

Dennis Nicklaus (and many others) has a transcribed copy of this.

Title: Family records of Lee Peters of Silver Spring, MD

Text: Includes records Lee cites, including,

``A family bible which lists him and his children'',

and a 2 page history of the descendants and

marriage of Mordecai which Lee sent me in 1994.

Lee Peters,

14401 Basingstoke Lane,Silver Spring, MD 20905,

Title: Bedford Co. Marriage Bonds

Repository: WWW via Bedford Co., VA USGENWEB (www.usgenweb.com) homepage

http://people.delphi.com/fspradlin/bedf-mar.htm

Children of MORDECAI MORGAN and ELIZABETH NICHOLS are:

i. PERMELIA3 MORGAN, b. Nov 30, 1791, Bedford Co, Virginia; d. Unknown.

ii. LUCY MORGAN, b. Aug 11, 1793, Bedford Co, Virginia; d. Unknown.

iii. JESSE MORGAN, b. May 5, 1795, Bedford Co, Virginia; d. Unknown.

iv. THOMAS J MORGAN, b. Sep 13, 1796, Bedford Co, Virginia; d. Unknown.

v. CHRISTOPHER MORGAN, b. Oct 17, 1799, Bedford Co, Virginia; d. Unknown.

vi. JOHN MORGAN, b. Mar 13, 1801, Bedford Co, Virginia; d. Unknown.

vii. CATHERINE MORGAN, b. Apr 3, 1805, Bedford Co, Virginia; d. Unknown.

viii. REBEKAH MORGAN, b. Nov 4, 1808, Bedford Co, Virginia; d. Unknown.

ix. WESLEY MORGAN, b. 1811, Bedford Co, Virginia; d. Unknown.