MORGAN-L Archives

Archiver > MORGAN > 2007-07 > 1183648650

From: "" <>
Subject: [MORGAN] Jemima Morgan Allen and Richard Smith Morgan, TN, TX
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2007 15:17:32 -0000

Author: ClaudiaMccarley
Surnames: Morgan
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/surnames.morgan/8493/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

Looking for info on ancestors of Richard Smith Morgan, b 1824 in Knox, TN, d 1878 in/near Austin, TX. Married Susan Edla Sneed in 1850; was a Civil War surgeon, lived in LA a few years after the war before returning to Austin. I was just found out that our family records show that his parents were Joshua Morgan (b about 1793 in Virginia) and Mary Elizabeth Smith (b about 1703.

I found a Family Tree record of Joshua & Elizabeth, but it only listed the daughter Jemima b 1829. She married Elbert Allen in 1846; they lived in Honey Grove, Fannin, TX, and had many children.

Any help is very much appreciated. Thank you.

Important Note: