MORRIS-L Archives

Archiver > MORRIS > 2008-05 > 1210343499

From: "Harvey" <>
Subject: [MORRIS] Fw: Spencer Morris Sr.
Date: Fri, 9 May 2008 09:31:39 -0500

Bethel and his Father Spencer Morris Sr. both died in 1836 (Probate records)....Bethel had no wife or children....Spencers daughter Sarah Ann and Charity both died in 1832 ( no children)......as far as Silas.....he is either son or nephew of Spencer...I tend to believe he is the son of John Morris, bother of Spencer....anyway here is a timeline on Silas:

1. Silas M. Morris Williamson Co. Tn 1820 census
2. Silas M. Morris Tipton Co. Tn 1830 census
3. Silas M. Morris Texas/Mexican land grant 1831 part of Dewitt colony
4. Census Report of Nacogdoches--from West to Angelina River, 1835
Silas MORRISS 36 Married Farmer 1, Harriet ALEXANDER 20 wife
Special Note: Silas was reported killed in texas I believe about 1838...however it looks to me he fled back to Tennessee because he shows up in the 1850 TN census

5. Silas M. Morria 1850 Shelby Co. Tenn census.b. NC abt 1800..wife Matilda b. 1800 SC

6. Silas M. Morris - Shown in 1860 Federal Census Cherokee County, Texas with wife Catherine